Tell me your NCL/Epic secrets

I'm not new to cruising but I am new to NCL. So, I'm counting on you to fill me on everything I need to know about NCLand the Epic. I just booked for march 16th and I couldn't be more excited. What are the must do's. Must eats. Tell me what to avoid. What are your inside secrets to NCL?

La Cuccina is the best. They have a delicious chocolate torte cake.. :eek:

the Cagney's seemed not worth the $$$ but i'm a vegetarian, my fiance liked the steak, but very expensive for a piece of meat.

We did too many shows - I missed a lot of the ship. Don't over book or over plan...

I'm hoping to do a trans-atlantic on the epic in the next couple years - so I will have time at sea to enjoy and see the things I missed.

Just go with the flow... Epic is so relaxed, youthful and fun.. I'm likely to be on my 3rd trip onboard later this year (this time Miami bound) ..

Howl at the Moon, Blue Man, Cirque dreams, Fat Cats, O'Sheehans, Bliss parties until 3/4AM followed by great food at O'Sheehans :) .. One week is not enough!

We did too many shows - I missed a lot of the ship. Don't over book or over plan...

I totally agree. Don't try and pack in anything and everything into one trip because you will come home exhausted. Book the important things that you can at that 45 day mark to ensure you have the time slot you want. All of the other stuff, just go with the flow.

Be sure to plan on the White Hot Party though:D

Have a great cruise!

Go to Fat Cats after the other shows are over. We sat in on jam sessions with Slam Allen and the guys from the Blue Man Group and Legends, minus all their stage persona. Loads of fun!

Super like this post!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip.

Book the important things that you can at that 45 day mark to ensure you have the time slot you want. All of the other stuff, just go with the flow.

Have a great cruise!

I agree with the go with the flow part. You should remember that the reservations are to ensure you have a seat for a show you want to see. 10 minutes before the start they release all of the tickets that are no-shows and you have a good chance to get in just by showing up at the door.

The Second City acts (out of Miami but not Europe routes) actually have different shows through the week, some suitable for kids and others not so much.

La Cuccina is the best. They have a delicious chocolate torte cake.. :eek:

the Cagney's seemed not worth the $$$ but I'm a vegetarian, my fiance liked the steak, but very expensive for a piece of meat.

We did too many shows - I missed a lot of the ship. Don't over book or over plan...I'm hoping to do a trans-atlantic on the epic in the next couple years - so I will have time at sea to enjoy and see the things I missed.

lol.,

I'm planning on sailing Epic in December. i have come to the conclusions that i wont get much sleep. Ive accepted that. if i hit all the "don't miss" activities (ie BMG, Cirque, Howl at the moon, Fat Cats, Martini and Margarita tastings, White Hot Party, Legends, and Quest.) Then i still need to hit the gym/track, try the spa, Posh. And we have the best roll call going where activities are planned..slot pull, pub crawl meet and greet parties..the after parties, Trivia, planned specialty rest get together. Still have 3 ports of call got to get off the ship for....lawdy!

Its going to be an EPIC vacation. albeit exhausting one...but FUN! But its about choices. You can chose to do less or more. I'm going extreme, i know that but I want to see it all. to do it 'all' you will give up something in return. :D

Good luck and have fun planning!

Wow Tiffygirl -- you are on the week before us, your roll call sounds much more active!! I am jealous!!:D It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to post on ours. Have fun and don't wreak too much havoc on the ship!! ;)

Wow Tiffygirl -- you are on the week before us, your roll call sounds much more active!! I am jealous!!:D It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to post on ours. Have fun and don't wreak too much havoc on the ship!! ;)

Its going to be CRAZY and i probably will:D The roll call has been very active. Everyone is so nice, funny and loves to have fun. So we have that in common. Our RC started out slow too. But hopefully your RC will pick up steam or feel free to join our party, but be warned...no rest for the weary:D Also, the closer it gets everyone starts getting a little bit more excited so the chances are folk will become more active.

ohhhhh .... make sure you get your roll call to do a cabin crawl!

very neat cabins.... i saw the haven, aft penthouse and studio cabins... they were amazing!:eek:

Archived