QE Daily Planner

Yankee Couple

Someone have a link to a scan or PDF of a recent Queen Elizabeth Daily Planner / Programme?

(The one on the Cunard site is from 2010)

I'd like to see some general activity / dining / theatre times.

Thanks.

Nothing much has changed activity wise, the dining time and the theatre times are unchanged.

Thank-You Capn'

Planning our first foray to Queen Elizabeth, and Europe for that matter!

Sadly, the UK is not on the list this time, maybe someday.

Starting the "bucket list" with a pyramid... ;)

If you are going to the pyramid at Giza you will find that they are just on the boundary of a built up area and right there is a KFC restaurant. See here

:eek:

If you are going to the pyramid at Giza you will find that they are just on the boundary of a built up area and right there is a KFC restaurant. See here

:eek:

I’m not quite sure how I should respond to that, some ideas arise however…

1. Excellent! Thanks, we’ll feel right at home!

(I do however have a pension for taking photos of KFC signs throughout the islands of the Caribbean as a joke. I have many…)

2. Do you actually believe we on this side of the pond consider KFC (or McDonalds, or…) “Fine Gastronomic Cuisine”? We HAVE been visited by your very own Gordon Ramsay you must be aware, and I have seen his place in Manhattan (actually, just walked past glancing through the window on the way to the Carnegie Deli for a Pastrami on Rye, real NY city food).

3. I can most assuredly promise you, that with the local flavors that will I’m sure abound, and the Britannia beckoning each evening, we will NOT be stepping a foot inside a KFC in Europe. (I will most likely snap a photo, it’ just a thing I do.)

I believe I’ll go with 3, Thanks!

(I do however have a pension for taking photos of KFC signs throughout the islands of the Caribbean as a joke. I have many…)

2. Do you actually believe we on this side of the pond consider KFC (or McDonalds, or…) “Fine Gastronomic Cuisine”? We HAVE been visited by your very own Gordon Ramsay you must be aware, and I have seen his place in Manhattan (actually, just walked past glancing through the window on the way to the Carnegie Deli for a Pastrami on Rye, real NY city food).

3. I can most assuredly promise you, that with the local flavors that will I’m sure abound, and the Britannia beckoning each evening, we will NOT be stepping a foot inside a KFC in Europe. (I will most likely snap a photo, it’ just a thing I do.)

No I was merely pointing out that sightseeing in Egypt can be very disappointing and that even their most historically important sites are often victim to commercial avarice. People usually expect the pyramids to be set in glorious isolation not stuck on the edge of a car park. As an aside, I would take the Carnegie Deli or the old Stage Deli over Ramsay any day of the week.

You will have a wonderful time, turn your back on the said KFC sign and you will be fine, if indeed you see it in th first place:cool:

The QE is a beautiful and the Pyramids are amazing from any view point:)

Archived