Any Decent Private Land Tours in Grand Cayman?

beachsands

Looking for a land based tour, that gives a good overview of Grand Cayman.

The Ships tour Jolley Rodger Trollley is only an hour long. Some thing more along the lines of a 3 - 4 hours would be nice. I would like to stay away from things like the Turtle farm, Dolphins, Sting Rays, & such. I know those are water events but we have done those before.

Even some time at the beach would be ok.

Thanks,

~~Joel~~

Can anyone give a comparison of Dolphin swim in grand cayman vs Dolphin swim in cozemel: ?

Kim,

The only thing i can tell you about the one we did in Grand Cayman is this, you enter a large pool of water and stand along the edge and they bring the dolphin by a few times, then they let you touch the dolphin and they have you step into the deep water. Dolphin then does a few niffy tricks and that's about it. Cost if I remember correctly was $89.00 , pricy by my standards. The whole event lasted about 20 mins. or so.

I do think they have other dolphin excursion options, like they pull you through the water and such.

~~Joel~~

Kim,

The only thing i can tell you about the one we did in Grand Cayman is this, you enter a large pool of water and stand along the edge and they bring the dolphin by a few times, then they let you touch the dolphin and they have you step into the deep water. Dolphin then does a few niffy tricks and that's about it. Cost if I remember correctly was $89.00 , pricy by my standards. The whole event lasted about 20 mins. or so.

I do think they have other dolphin excursion options, like they pull you through the water and such.

~~Joel~~

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel at Chakanaab Park in Aug 2010. They have different levels of dolphin interactions and I think we did the middle priced one. This included what is described above plus more when you were standing at the edge of the pool, as well as individual interaction with them out in the water. The whole experience was amazing. It was awhile ago, but I kind of think it was in the $90 range and maybe lasted an hour or so. After the dolphin part was over, they took us into the manatee pool for maybe 10 min which was a great unexpected surprise!

Looking for a land based tour, that gives a good overview of Grand Cayman.

The Ships tour Jolley Rodger Trollley is only an hour long. Some thing more along the lines of a 3 - 4 hours would be nice. I would like to stay away from things like the Turtle farm, Dolphins, Sting Rays, & such. I know those are water events but we have done those before.

Even some time at the beach would be ok.

Thanks,

~~Joel~~

This past January we rode with Shirley from Cayman Safari. It was an open air jeep that sat about 6 people. She drove us to the east part of the island away from 7-mile and most of the crowds. We stopped at Queen Elizabeth Botanical Garden, Pedro St. James for an excellent intro into the history of the island, Rum Point for a little time on the beach and a chance to enjoy a cool drink if so desired. Then she drove us around the far north side and talked about so many things from a native Caymanian's view. Full of information about past hurricanes, grave yards, nature, etc. We topped it off with lunch at Vivine's. This is an older lady that cooks from her home and the eating area is basically in her back yard overlooking the ocean. Picnic tables in the shade. It was so relaxing and the food was fantastic! Then it was back to Georgetown to get in a little shopping and back to the ship. We enjoyed this tour a lot and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Just ask for Shirley (although I am sure that the others with the company would give you a great tour too). She seemed to know everybody and knew just about everything concerning the island. Just ask her about prices on the island and people flying to Miami, Florida to "get their shopping done".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived