transfer from FLL to POM - Sky Questions

travlchicky

Hi All ! My hubby and I are taking the 4 day Bahamas cruise on the sky ....We got a great deal to fly into FLL instead if MIA . Anyone have any recommendations for a transfer? Private , public , taxi ? what is the best option ? Also has anyone rented a car when on Grand Bahama ....we want to try and get out to gold rock beach.

I am also curious about dress code , we have only sailed 7+ nights and there is always a formal night .....do people still dress up on shorter cruises?

Thanks!

We used SAS transportation from FLL to POM in January thanks to recommendations of other Cruise Critic members. We had no problems with them at all and would definitely ride with them again. We did a B2B on the Sky and on both cruises there were some people who dressed up and some were more casual so it is totally up you and your husband. There is no "official formal night" on the 3 or 4 day trips on the Sky. Have a great trip! :)

Hi All ! My hubby and I are taking the 4 day Bahamas cruise on the sky ....We got a great deal to fly into FLL instead if MIA . Anyone have any recommendations for a transfer? Private , public , taxi ? what is the best option ? Also has anyone rented a car when on Grand Bahama ....we want to try and get out to gold rock beach.

I am also curious about dress code , we have only sailed 7+ nights and there is always a formal night .....do people still dress up on shorter cruises?

Thanks!

You might want to check out the Bahamas port of call board a bit further down on the CC boards page. I find the Sky to be much less dressy just because it is a shorter, island getaway. With NCL, you can dress up in a cocktail dress or not.

Hi,

We used QLS transportation. they give you a tele # to call upon landing. You get that with your reservation confirmation. -- we called and -- again at bag pick-up.

Got instructions just were to stand (was just 50 paces) outside of Southwest bag area. They give the van # and the driver's full name ... there are a lot of "get them if you can" hawkers --- and if you already paid your guy via CC :o you get chumped if you go :mad: with a faker).

Anyways it was $ 15/pp and driver was there about 10-15 minutes later. Used a Van + trailer thus very comfortable

--- and fast getting to Port of Miami. We were on Celebrity Eclipse and of course that was the last stop but no problem

--was still fast. I don't know if #s and web address are allowed to be posted here; ...but....

insert in google and it comes up.

we are using them again for our Mia debark w/ flight out of Fll.

They go both ways:p:D

Enjoy, seamo

Are these transportation people at the POM on Disembarkation day or do you have to pre reserve to get back to the FLL airport to fly home.

And they will bring you to a Miami hotel if you fly in the day before the cruise is that correct..

Are these transportation people at the POM on Disembarkation day or do you have to pre reserve to get back to the FLL airport to fly home.

And they will bring you to a Miami hotel if you fly in the day before the cruise is that correct..

We flew into and out of FLL using SAS. Great service! You can set up an appointment ahead of time for coming into and out of FLL. They will only pick you up at disembarkation if you fly out of FLL. If you fly out of Mia take a cab, I believe it is a flat $25, but I am not sure. Tampa was a flat rate, that I know, Mia may be different.:rolleyes:

Archived