ship excursions in Europe

Scrappytraveller

I'm not opposed to (or afraid of) the train - I'll be doing it from FCO to Civi. But when I read on these boards that a taxi from Livorno port to the train station is extorted at 30Euros, I'm put off. Since it's the first day of our cruise, I won't have had much time to make connections with my fellow passengers, so I have to look at worst case scenario. The ship transfer (no way I'd do the one with the tour) is $80 CDN, 2 taxis on my own would be the same price, plus I'd still have the train portion. If I don't take a taxi, I'm not convinced I'd make it to Florence before the ship's bus.

I'll keep trying to find a group to share a tour or taxi/transfer with (2theship, you've got mail!), but I'll likely book the ship transfer as a backup to get me there and back if I'm on my own. This is why I'm most looking forward to Barcelona! :rolleyes: :D:D

Yes, research all possibilities and do what makes you feel most comfortable! First time for some ports can be a little intimidating. The second time around is much easier on your comfort level.:)

Archived