Celebrity Reflection Caribbean Inaugural - December 5, 2012

spav01

• 1 month later...
My partner and I and a several other couples will be on this 3-night cruise. Anyone else joining us?

Hi Michael. My partner and I will be on this cruise. Really looking forward to it! It will be our 2nd Celebrity cruise. :)

Clayton and I will be on the following 7 day cruise on December 8. Anyone sticking around for that?

Cheers,

Todd

Hi Todd. The hubby and I will be! It seemed like a great way to get our first B2B under our betls. Although the prices are a bit (ok a lot) higher than we would have liked, we are really excited about these two cruises. We were married in NY this spring and are considering this our honeymoon. However, we have been together for 18 years so it is actually just an excuse to spend so much on vacation. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I wish we could B2B, but for us it's just the three days. Looking forward to my first Solstice class ship.

I think you are going to love the Solstice class. It is a beautiful design. I'm looking forward to see what changes they have made for the Reflection. It should be a great time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I will be on this sailing with two of my friends. We are from Chicago and Phoenix. We are leaving our partners at home and will be having a “girl’s weekend”. I am looking forward to this trip. I am super excited to see the new ship and to introduce one of my friends to the joys of cruising.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Ben, Jacob, and Jeffery

Hello all.

I will be on this sailing with two of my friends. We are from Chicago and Phoenix. We are leaving our partners at home and will be having a “girl’s weekend”. I am looking forward to this trip. I am super excited to see the new ship and to introduce one of my friends to the joys of cruising.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Ben, Jacob, and Jeffery

A cruise virgin - he is in for a treat with this class of ship! We have only been on one S Class ship (Eclipse) back in 2010. But every cruise since then has been fine but nothing compares to how really beautiful the ship is. From cabins, to public spaces, to dining areas, the are all amazing. What a way to be introduced to the world of cruising! :) This should be a really fun cruise.

We have made reservations to Tuscan Grille, Qsine, and Murano for our dinners and have purchased the premium beverage package. The cruise virgin is a food scientist and professionally trained chef by trade, so this should be exciting.

It has been a long time since I have sailed on Celebrity. I’m really looking forward to it.

By the way, does Celebrity post/do a gay meet and mingle cocktail party? (Like Royal Caribbean has a “community board” near the reception desk)

We have made reservations to Tuscan Grille, Qsine, and Murano for our dinners and have purchased the premium beverage package. The cruise virgin is a food scientist and professionally trained chef by trade, so this should be exciting.

It has been a long time since I have sailed on Celebrity. I’m really looking forward to it.

By the way, does Celebrity post/do a gay meet and mingle cocktail party? (Like Royal Caribbean has a “community board” near the reception desk)

He is in for a real treat at Qsine then! The place is so unique, we love it. RE: the GLBT meeting, yes they do advertise it. Rather than a board in the lobby area like on RCI, Celebrity lists it as Friends of Dorothy Meeting in the Celebrity Daily "newspaper" that you get in your room each day (I cant recall the name of it to save my life). I can't recall if it says GLBT or not. It was held in the Molecular Bar for our cruise on the the Eclipse. Although the Molecular Bar had some really cool drinks, it was not as lively as the Martini Bar so after the first day, we sort of all moved next door to the Martini Bar. It was a much more fun space and packed with like minded folks. Besides, what self respecting gay man does not love a Cosmo from time to time? :p

On our last Celebrity cruise (Summit, 2010) the FOD meet was not listed in the daily paper, there was a note on a board, but no one seemed to get the message. Of course we could all pick a spot and a time, and drag our partners/friends/cruising companions there.

My partner and I are doing Qsine the last night with our friends, and main dining room the other two nights. We're also on the premium drinks package, so I expect to be quite liquored the whole time.

• 3 weeks later...
JToddM and ken85121,

My partner and I are sailing on the December 7th cruise with you. We were not able to do the b2b but it does sound like a good time.

Come on - it's not too late to book the 3 nighter as well! It sounds like there are going to be a ton of great people onboard. Looks like you guys have really embraced the Celebrity line base on your signature file. We have only been on one but nothing has compared to it so we are excited to enjoy another sailing with X. :)

Unfortunately, we do not have the vacation time left to add the additional days. It does look like it will be a good group for the Dec 5th cruise. Hopefully they will have time to replenish the alcohol before we get onboard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Although DH wants us to carry our bags on board. Why?? The things I do for that man :-)

I have mine trained to lay out all the clothes he thinks he wants to bring and I edit them down for weight and fashion. I've gotten it down to 2 bags for the 2 of us for a 10nighter.

3 weeks today..

We're flying the night before, get some rest and meet everyone on Wed.

See you there.

Brian & Kevin

Danbury CT

We booked as a Balcony GTY and got a 1A noticed over the weekend that a Concierge GTY was the same price and our TA was able to get us an upgrade to a C3.

This is our 2nd Concierge on a Solstice class. We are pleased with the Concierge cabins and service but not always worth the price. So this time we'll take the upgrade and additional cruise credit.

2 weeks.. Cant wait.

Hi, Guys! We are booked! Looking forward to meeting you and the other Friends of Dorothy! We are particularly interested in hearing about your marriage in NYC. We are planning on getting wed in NYC in the Spring or Summer. Been together forever!

Mike & Rsy

Archived