Dropping off rental car at EWR for Cape Liberty Cruise

edgee

Taking Summit cruise to Bermuda in August. Want to rent a car near my home in Maryland and do a one way drop off at Newark airport Hertz or Avis. From there can I call a cab to get to the cruise ship, or do I have to ride the car rental company shuttle to the air terminal with my luggage and then get a cab?

Anyone with experience with dropping a car for a Cape Liberty cruise who can offer input? Much appreciated.

Taking Summit cruise to Bermuda in August. Want to rent a car near my home in Maryland and do a one way drop off at Newark airport Hertz or Avis. From there can I call a cab to get to the cruise ship, or do I have to ride the car rental company shuttle to the air terminal with my luggage and then get a cab?

Anyone with experience with dropping a car for a Cape Liberty cruise who can offer input? Much appreciated.

CALL a CAR SERVICE. Taxis are generally NOT going to pick you up from Avis or Hertz unless you make prior arrangements. AND you will not have a fixed price-if the taxi driver has to wait for 15-30 minutes, you will be charged.

A car service will pick you up when and where you state for a fixed fee. Generally, when you get to Avis or Hertz, give them a call before you check in your car and you should be good to go.

Archived