A message for Bruinsteve

Steve,

Last year we did the Tuscan tour (Volterra and San G) with lunch that you said you had enjoyed so much and it was brilliant. So good in fact that we are doing it again this year to get a better look at the villages.

What was the tour that you mentioned for Athens ? , was it Athens & Cape Sounion With Lunch

I'm very grateful for your continued advice.

Andy

Andy,

Yes, it was the "Athens & Cape Sounion With Lunch"...

It started with a tour of the Acropolis, some free time to explore the Acropolis Museum, then a shopping stop (eh!), a photo stop at the Presidential Palace and then Lunch at the Hotel Metropolitan (suprisingly good thought he ambiance was modern)...then we headed out on the drive to Cape Sounion to see the Temple of Pseidon - which is quite striking, standing atop a promentory (and it includes Lord Byron's signed graffiti carved into one of the columns!)...All in all, it was a much nicer day in Athens than the time we tried to do it on our own and got terribly lost in the process...And the tour was pretty much identical to one taken through a private guide by one of our ship mates for more than double the price...

Have fun...

Steve,

I also have been looking at this tour of Athens, but was a little worried about the amount of drive time being too much for my 3 kids (12-16). I am wondering if the drive time of 3.5 hours is broken up enough so it won't be much of an issue? I would think it would be and I guess they could actually catch up on sleep which will be lacking on this trip.

My son is really into seeing the Acropolis and my husband(which seldom has input) picked this tour over the 1/2 day tours I had considered. I looked into a private driver (we are doing this for Nice/Rome/Florence/Naples) but I think I need to break up the tours with a little variety to help keep the peace between the 3 kids. Therefore, I am considering the ships tour for Turkey & Athens and doing Mykonos & Santorini on our own. I have enjoyed all of your advice on the ports, especially Barcelona, which is my daughter's favorite place (she did a student tour 2 years ago to the Med). We are spending 3 days pre-cruise to enjoy it at a relaxing pace. And your suggestions are among her favorites also.

Thanks for all your great advice.

Allyson

Archived