Jacksonville parking

sparkysj

• 2 weeks later...

We are just off the Fascination out of JAX and used the parking right at ship side. It was super close and very easy for luggage drop off. It was really nice the day we left, we were off the ship and in our vehicle headed north in 10 short minutes.

We are used to the covered parking structure at NOLA. JAX is one big flat parking lot. They would not let us pull to the building and drop our luggage off with porters; we had to roll them a pretty good distance. Ok, no biggie. But when we debarked, it was a mini-monsoon - absolutely flooding! We did pay a porter to carry our luggage on a cart, but we were soaked to the skin by the time we got to the car. Not our favorite port to sail from, I'm afraid!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just back. The lot mentioned in other post that adjoins the "official" lot seems to now be occupied by military vehicles. At one point, it may have been a private lot ( I heard $8.00 / day) but not now.

The $15 / day official lot is very close to the terminal and they DID let us pull up and drop off luggage then park. The lot is not covered. There are a couple oversized golf carts running around picking people and luggage up but I found them to be too busy to bother.

As for the $8 lot outside the gates, it looked fine but there wasn't a lot of space for many vehicles.

The best deal we found in Jacksonville was the Best Western. For $89, you can stay the night before the cruise, have breakfast, park for the duration of the cruise, and use the shuttle service to get to and from the hotel. When we got off the Facination Wednesday, the shuttle van was sitting there by the door waiting for us. It worked great!

• 2 weeks later...

We used VIP parking for our cruise in November and highly recommend them! They are located near the airport and have shuttle service to and from the port. You do leave your keys but we had no problems (wrote down our mileage before leaving). When we returned, they had our car waiting with the trunk open and running ready for us to load and leave. The staff is top notch and very professional. We paid around $6.00 per day for a 5 day cruise and would use them again anytime we cruise out of Jacksonville!

Archived