VIFP--Fixed one problem, but now another

hayesktrm

After about 5 emails and 1 fax (I think the fax is what actually got it resolved), my DD's account was changed to 18 days like the rest of the family. However, on our cruise documents and boarding pass it still says Red (on all the others it says Gold because we are taking a 7 day cruise and will hit Gold). Do you think this will be a problem? We want her to have a Gold card, not a Red card so she can go to the past guest party with us.

Any suggestions if we run into a problem? I have heard here that they don't like to make changes to the cards and make you do it on the ship. Not exactly the way I want to start a vacation, but I also don't want 1 family member to be excluded.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that, if you can't get it fixed before you leave. I'd bet that your daughter will be allowed to attend the "past guest" party with you, even if her card isn't fixed. Just explain that she's your daughter when you go in. Should be "no problem mon". :)

"SKY"

Typically any card problems have been easily resolved at Guest Services after you board. The cards are printed on the ship and the shoreside agents don't have any ability to change what they have been given to hand out.

My last cruise was my Milestone cruise but at check-in I was given a Platinum card. I showed the shoreside agent my Milestone letter and she directed me to Guest Services on the ship. After GS reviewed my cruise history, they exchanged my Platinum card for a White Milestone card.

if you dont fix it now it will be very hard if not impossible to fix at the port i think you need to pick up the phone and give them a ring

IMO it would be impossible to change at the port.

You mean there are people who actually care about Past Guest Parties?? To me that is like caring if chocolates are placed on your pillow at night.

Apparently there are a lot of people who "care" or they wouldn't have taken that perk away from so many people. The reason given for taking that away from people that now are Red is that there were way too many people at those parties. I haven't gone to one yet, but would like the have the choice to go. Also, from the sounds of it, they may be better than they were before.

Thanks for all the answers! I think I will try to fix it now, but if it's too frustrating will take all my paperwork with me and have them do it at Guest Services.

Between the time I went to work this morning and came home, all was fixed. Their database must not update until a certain time because when they said they fixed the last problem, it wasn't actually showing it was fixed until mid=morning the next day.

Yea!! We are all Gold. I know, it really doesn't mean that much, but I will enjoy the party and my free drink :).

Between the time I went to work this morning and came home, all was fixed. Their database must not update until a certain time because when they said they fixed the last problem, it wasn't actually showing it was fixed until mid=morning the next day.

Yea!! We are all Gold. I know, it really doesn't mean that much, but I will enjoy the party and my free drink :).

Glad you will not be stressing about it now. However, I don't think it would have been a problem for your daughter to go in to the past guest party. I have never seen them ask to see a S & S card at the entrance and when handing over the invites, have not seen them count how many with how many people are going in.:p

Archived