Upper Bunk in Room for 4 on Veendam?

andyandsue

Not sure if we are going to put the beds together or not. It sounds like we'll have more room if we keep them as twins but I don't want to do that either. Did they leave the bunk down during the day or put it up?

The bunk was down during the day.

Hi everyone.

I searched for forum and didn't really see the answer I am looking for.

Can anyone answer if the upper bunk for the 4th person on the Veendam, in an outside cabin with a picture window on the main deck (#672 to be exact), will be over the main sleeping area or over the couch?

Picture of cabin 720 bunk attached (with much difficulty :confused: ).

bunk1.jpg.1f75d7e9fd4ebf0c767dd860e8920114.jpg

The bunk was down during the day.

Our bunk was down all day as well ... and we even tried to push it up ... to no avail ... as it was impossible for us to move.

Picture of cabin 720 bunk attached (with much difficulty :confused: ).

We totally forgot to take a picture of our cabin ... so your pic is spot on!

From the pic, it doesn't look like the person sleeping under the bed is obstructed by much of the bunk overhead ... but from my experience this past week ... I definitely felt like I was under a bit more than it appears.

Gosh I hope nobody rolls out of the bunk bed! That could be disastrous.

I thought the same thing when I saw the bunk ... because the railing was so tiny. It definitely would not have held much back ... but would have made for an interesting *moment* ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the photos!

I'll find out tomorrow how it is! LOL. I am not pleased to see there is no railing of any sort on the bunk. That is just unsafe if you ask me. Not sure who will be in the bunk now. Hmmm, we'll see!

• 10 months later...
Thank you for the photos!

I'll find out tomorrow how it is! LOL. I am not pleased to see there is no railing of any sort on the bunk. That is just unsafe if you ask me. Not sure who will be in the bunk now. Hmmm, we'll see!

EEK!

We will have same cabin & me & 3 kids cruising- are there really no rails on the bunk? All of my kids roll around in bed.

Someone might be sleeping on the floor

Maybe you can ask for a railing. On a trip where we had a bunk with no railing in rough seas I asked for a railing (I had seen one in another cabin), and they supplied us with a plank cut to fit between the mattress and the frame - better than nothing! (This was not Holland America, however.)

Maybe you can ask for a railing. On a trip where we had a bunk with no railing in rough seas I asked for a railing (I had seen one in another cabin), and they supplied us with a plank cut to fit between the mattress and the frame - better than nothing! (This was not Holland America, however.)

I guess I will call ship services- we have always had a railing on other lines but havent had to use upper bunk to date on HAL

Archived