Ok so here is a new one

I was booked early saver with $100 OBC.

Then Memorial Day sale came and I asked my TA if I could get the OBC without having to upgrade my cabin from 4F. She said it was all arranged.

Then the invoice comes in with no second OBC. So she puts it in herself.

Now for this latest sale I cannot get the $60 price drop because I was changed to Memorial Day Sale and no longer Early Saver!!!!

Hmm If I didn't upgrade my room and did not qualify for second OBC - then how did I get anything out of the sale?

Opinions?

I booked ES and got 7 price drops (the last 2 being OBCs). I got the drops for the Spring into Summer Sale, and I think the next was a Summer Sale and Memorial Day Sale. I always stayed ES. I booked with Carnival and did not fool with a TA.

Once you're booked early saver you're always early saver. Are you before final payment? Usually you have to move to the new category under ES rules in order to receive the OBC. If you're before final payment maybe the TA changed the whole rate code in order for you to receive the OBC and not move to a different cabin. I would ask what rate code you're booked under. You should still be ES but have the Memorial Day sale code.

TA told me carnival said no to price drop as I was listed memorial day and no longer early save.

You are now telling me once early saver always early saver regardless of sale.

I conversed with Carnival and they told me all the TA had to do was call in, so that is what she is doing. Meanwhile before she called she asked me what room I wanted to upgrade to (because originally I was hoping to upgrade to balcony - but then was told i would lose my OBC).

She said not to worry she wouldn't change my room but will call them back. She might have an argument up her sleeve?

Still waiting. I have trusted her so far, she said she has learned alot lately when dealing with Carnival with other clients as well regarding sale changes.

I hope this goes well. This is my first cruise ever.:confused:

Why would you have to change cabins? We are booked early saver, and each time there was a sale that dropped lower than our original rate, I'd fill out the form and email it in. Right now they're running a Best Vacation Ever Sale-Past Guest, which dropped another 40.00pp off our 8D balcony. In fact, ALL balconies 8A-8K are the same price (for our sailing). We sail in 11 days. Any price drops prior to final payment get taken off your balance; price drops after final payment give you OBC.

As mentioned, we've taken advantage of each sale price over the last year, and have remained Early Saver throughout.

I was booked on ES.

My dd booked the cruise for mee as a surprise and the Carnival rep did not explain ES properly to her. I made the payments and never realized I should check for price drops till I came back home to CC. By then I was past final payment and the only lower price I could find was pack and go. I called Carnival and they explained that I could have the lower rate but I would no longer be ES I would be pack and go. I would have to give up my terrible obstructed balcony and go into the balcony guarantee pool. I said sure.

After about 3 weeks I was assigned a new cabin with an extended balcony ....way way way upgrade from where I started plus I got the OBC.:D

Quite frankly it sounds like your travel agent does not know much about Carnivals early saver rules.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, neither do some of the CCL reps. Last week when I was fighting to get OBC from the memorial day sale, the Carnival rep on the phone was looking thru my previuos ES reductions and she was saying, "Hmmm, it looks like you switched from ES to Past Guest rate; oh now it looks like you switched to ..." I kept repeating to her, "I am STILL ES rate. Once ES, always ES." She hadn't a clue.

...or the TA is making up an excuse not to process further price reductions. Early Saver reductions are the WORST deal for TA's. It means more work to get paid less. Who would want to do that?

I booked ES and got 7 price drops (the last 2 being OBCs). I got the drops for the Spring into Summer Sale, and I think the next was a Summer Sale and Memorial Day Sale. I always stayed ES. I booked with Carnival and did not fool with a TA.

they just had a bad TA... most TAs are great, ive had only amazing experiences with mine, after several horrific experiences with PVPs

TA told me carnival said no to price drop as I was listed memorial day and no longer early save.

You are now telling me once early saver always early saver regardless of sale.

Yes, that's correct. If they were to allow switching out of ES, then the deposit would become refundable. The non-refundable deposit is Carnival's whole reason for offering the ES rate.

Once ES always ES, but you can match to any other fare you qualify for, including those that carry OBC with them, while remaining ES.

Unfortunately, neither do some of the CCL reps. Last week when I was fighting to get OBC from the memorial day sale, the Carnival rep on the phone was looking thru my previuos ES reductions and she was saying, "Hmmm, it looks like you switched from ES to Past Guest rate; oh now it looks like you switched to ..." I kept repeating to her, "I am STILL ES rate. Once ES, always ES." She hadn't a clue.

I agree with that statement 100%. That's probably the reason you are supposed to submit the form and not call.

I have seen some post on here state that the ES price reductions are done in another dept.

Even they don't always get it right though, but they are a lot better than a the reps.

Bill

Bill

Carnival Reps do not process the early saver reductions(or they do not suppose to:rolleyes:). That is why for ANY price drops you must submit the price protection form online. If you are going through a TA they must do it for you. If you do it for yourself(while booked with a TA) it will be denied, even if you qualify for the price drop.

Once ES always ES-period. There are so many exceptions to the rules that even the best Reps get confused. That is why they try to streamline it to go directly to one department. Also if you book through a TA do not expect any help from the Carnival Rep. They can not discuss the booking with you(or do not suppose to:rolleyes:). Unfortunately, you have to go through your TA.

Good Luck!

Archived