Carnival Spirit Family Style ship

Big Budgie

Do you mean on the trip to Australia? I wouldn't think so since it's a long trip~ not that many kids would be able to get off of school for that length of time~ I did the 15 day RT Hawaiian last December and there really weren't a lot of kids onboard that I saw~~ though we did have to young boys at our table that were gentleman and better than most adults!! So I would say the TA is wrong that it's not a good couple cruise~ I think it would be a great couples cruise since there are so many sea days~!! Go for it if you can!

Hi, the Spirit is heading to Aust this October and have been told that this boat will be full of families with children and not really suited to couples. Is the Travel Agent right? Thanks in advance

probably not... kids are in school, both in the US and in Australia, so even if you're catching Aussie customers, the likelihood that there would be a load of kids is slim to none. We cruised this past Feb, and there were almost no kids (on a much larger ship to boot) but a lot of drunk adults acting like kids, and we've cruised in december, right before Christmas, and there weren't many kids either.

It really depends on if you're planning to cruise when school is in session (you didn't mention when you are looking at). I have sailed Spirit's sister ships (Legend and Miracle) 6 times while school is in session and there have never been a lot of children on board (although you always have SOME). I have also not witnessed a lot of "drunks" on board...those are primarily the smaller ships that do shorter itineraries...but of course it all depends on who is sailing. This is a great class of Carnival ship...mid-size and easy to navigate. Spirit also got some special upgrades meant for the Aussies which the others in her class don't have. If the price and the itinerary work for you, I would say, Go for it!:)

I think the ship is great for families. My boys absolutely loved it. Now, with the water park they added, it was almost perfect. They offered a lot of activities for the kids and a couple of nights they didn't even want to eat with us. They went to eat with their "friends". I quote that because they are 2 and 4. Anyhow, I have a review with some pictures of the water park in it. Its a link in my signature. Anyhow, I say go for it!

My favorite class of Carnival ship - the Spirit Class (I've cruised all four of them). I enjoyed the Spirit when she was sailing out of San Diego (see pics in my WEBSHOTS site below).

To the question: I don't think the Spirit will have any higher a concentration of kids than any other Carnival ship. Carnival has an excellent children's program. If they are on the ship you'll seldom see them. :D

Archived