Best way to get from Ferry to IC in Moorea?

noviolet

Can anyone recommend the best way to get from the ferry station to the Inter-Continental Hotel on Moorea? Is is best to prearrange a shuttle? Cab? $$$?

Also does anyone know if you should prebook the ferry ride?

Thanks!:)

take le truck! they are always there to meet the ferry, and are very inexpensive. cabs are spendy! there will be two, one going clockwise, which is the one you want I believe, and one going the other way, towards the Sheraton.

We took a taxi to the Moorea Sheraton and a much cheaper pre-booked shuttle back to the ferry dock. The le Truck going our way was jam packed with locals and seemed to drive very slow and stop quite a bit. It wouldn't have been a good choice for anyone with luggage and who wanted to get to their destination in a timely manner. I recommend pre-booking a shuttle in advance if you can. There were limited taxi's at the ferry dock and one couple we know ended up renting a car after they stopped at the bathroom after disembarking the ferry and found no taxi's, shuttles, or le Truck's to be had. The ferry area clears out quickly.

I do not think you have to prebook your ferry tickets in advance. We bought ours just an hour before it left and we were fine. They are large are there are 2 slow ones and two fast ones that alternate.

Archived