Underwater Camera

LindaSSF

We wanted a new underwater camera and saw that the Sealife DC1200 was being replaced by the DC1400. We thought we might get a good deal on the last model camera.

Leisure Pro had the DC1200 for $378 - not bad for still pics with underwater correction, video, and a housing good to 200 feet. We decided the DC1400 at $499 was a little steep for as seldom as we get to dive.

When it came in, we were so surprised to have been upgraded to the DC1400 at no additional cost! We'll be taking murky pics in our local river until the vacation to the Carribean in April. I can't wait!

If you are looking for a new underwater camera, try ordering a DC1200 from Leisure Pro while they still list them. Maybe you can get a surprise upgrade, too! :D

We wanted a new underwater camera and saw that the Sealife DC1200 was being replaced by the DC1400. We thought we might get a good deal on the last model camera.

Leisure Pro had the DC1200 for $378 - not bad for still pics with underwater correction, video, and a housing good to 200 feet. We decided the DC1400 at $499 was a little steep for as seldom as we get to dive.

When it came in, we were so surprised to have been upgraded to the DC1400 at no additional cost! We'll be taking murky pics in our local river until the vacation to the Carribean in April. I can't wait!

If you are looking for a new underwater camera, try ordering a DC1200 from Leisure Pro while they still list them. Maybe you can get a surprise upgrade, too! :D

Congratulations on your purchase of a Sealife and upgrade. We have

used Leisure Pro for years and have 3 Sealife cameras. They work

great and have been great to work with for support. I've attached a

few photos.

CozumelNov220.jpg

CozumelNov012.jpg

PICT0143.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

th_PICT0051.jpg

The last one is a video- so click to play.

lucky break for you

and LP goes up a full point in my book . . . that's a good company. You don't find many of these today - great customer service - but they ARE out there. Two examples of others:

a few years ago I stumbled on an office for Joston's - the folks who make a lot of hs and college rings. My college ring did not fit anymore but Joston's says they have a lifetime warranty. So I took my ring in and they said it would be resized at no charge. COOL! They took the ring to be sent to the factory. A couple of weeks later I got a call from them, "your ring is pretty worn, would you prefer a new ring? We'll make a new ring in the new size and remount your stone (saphire so no wear)?" NO CHARGE (btw the ring was from a military Academy where each class year designs a unique ring and Joston's preserves the molds) GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

More recently I broke the grip on a set of Fiskar snippers and remembering they had a lifetime warranty I pulled up their web page for warranty. They asked for mailing address and a picture of the item in question. I sent a .jpg of my broken tool and received a replacement 10 days later. No fuss, no 20 questions, no send the broken item back ..... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

{btw on Jostens .... dd got her hs ring from Jostens and LOST IT within a month. ARGHHH. I went back to the Jostons office to inquire about getting a replacement and they told me there was a 'free replacement' included under their lifetime warranty (one only) all we had to do was request it. AMAZING customer service as far as I'm concerned. p.s. two days later I FOUND the ring in a pair of jeans I'd checked 3 times and was able to canx the requested replacement!}

scruiser: very nice pix ... were you using an auxillary flash? The colors are very bright as compared to most of my film stuff . . .

lucky break for you

and LP goes up a full point in my book . . . that's a good company. You don't find many of these today - great customer service - but they ARE out there. Two examples of others:

a few years ago I stumbled on an office for Joston's - the folks who make a lot of hs and college rings. My college ring did not fit anymore but Joston's says they have a lifetime warranty. So I took my ring in and they said it would be resized at no charge. COOL! They took the ring to be sent to the factory. A couple of weeks later I got a call from them, "your ring is pretty worn, would you prefer a new ring? We'll make a new ring in the new size and remount your stone (saphire so no wear)?" NO CHARGE (btw the ring was from a military Academy where each class year designs a unique ring and Joston's preserves the molds) GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

More recently I broke the grip on a set of Fiskar snippers and remembering they had a lifetime warranty I pulled up their web page for warranty. They asked for mailing address and a picture of the item in question. I sent a .jpg of my broken tool and received a replacement 10 days later. No fuss, no 20 questions, no send the broken item back ..... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

{btw on Jostens .... dd got her hs ring from Jostens and LOST IT within a month. ARGHHH. I went back to the Jostons office to inquire about getting a replacement and they told me there was a 'free replacement' included under their lifetime warranty (one only) all we had to do was request it. AMAZING customer service as far as I'm concerned. p.s. two days later I FOUND the ring in a pair of jeans I'd checked 3 times and was able to canx the requested replacement!}

scruiser: very nice pix ... were you using an auxillary flash? The colors are very bright as compared to most of my film stuff . . .

Thanks Capt BJ , I use a Sealife SL 961 Strobe purchased @ Leisure

Pro. I contacted Sealife to replace an O-ring on my film camera and they

sent me a new outer case. In contrast, I flooded a digital Canon with a

Canon case on the first dive. Canon said that they don't guarantee their

waterproof cases! But they offered to sell me a used camera to put into

their leaky case! I will stick with Sealife for my dive camera.

More Pictures.

PICT0154.jpg

CozumelNov168.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

CozumelNov005.jpg

PICT0138.jpg

What wonderful pictures!

I've been impressed with our service from Leisure Pro, and I've only heard good things about Sealife. A friend had a damaged hinge where you insert the battery & card - noticed on a well-used camera after she got to the Carribean on vacation. They directed her to a local authorized store for a replacement part, which wasn't available. They then promptly replaced the camera so she wouldn't miss pictures on her vacation! It saved her vacation and earned them a new customer (me).

• 1 month later...

OMG THOSE PICTURES ARE TO DIE FOR!!!! Sorry, I have nothing of value to add but to let you know, scubacruiserx2, that you are an amazing photographer and to thank you for posting about Sealife.

I've used Nikon & Sony with waterproof cases, but they're so bulky that I don't ever even want to dive with them. Definitely looking into this camera. And yes, LeisurePro is awesome-I've been a customer for 6 years.

Would love to hear the story with the octopus sometime. :)

Oh this is wonderful news! I lost my college ring several years ago and hope I can get it replaced as you've indicated above. That would be so wonderful!

OMG THOSE PICTURES ARE TO DIE FOR!!!! Sorry, I have nothing of value to add but to let you know, scubacruiserx2, that you are an amazing photographer and to thank you for posting about Sealife.

I've used Nikon & Sony with waterproof cases, but they're so bulky that I don't ever even want to dive with them. Definitely looking into this camera. And yes, LeisurePro is awesome-I've been a customer for 6 years.

Would love to hear the story with the octopus sometime. :)

Thank you so much for your kind comments. The octopus photo was taken with my older DC600 on our second dive in Cozumel. The dark patches are Paradise Reef where we were diving.

P1000413-1.jpg

The Divemaster dicovered the octopus taking a nap in it's den. He gently

reached in and removed it to his arm where I took it's picture. I had a hard time with the smaller buttons on my older Sealife switching to video.

If I had the newer model with the BIG buttons , then I could have recorded a video of the Octo as he "inked" us and swam away.

Linda - read your post concerning the camers. I was very close to buying a Sealife Mini II but thought it was worth trying to get a 1400, even though it was a $150 more. Yes, ordered the Sealife 1200 and found a 5 percent discount code. The cost of the 1200 dropped $19. UPS it delievered the 1400 today. So, it looks like you can still get a 1400 for their price of a 1200.

Thanks for the tip!

Oh this is wonderful news! I lost my college ring several years ago and hope I can get it replaced as you've indicated above. That would be so wonderful!

checking the web site, this warranty is for 4 years, extendable to 10 years at time of purchase.....

sorry if I gave you false hope

dd lost her's SO soon we were inside the limit

I did give my Military Academy ring to Jostons for resizing and they offered to just make me a new ring .... no bings or dings .... after 25 years I had a brand new one.

Sure hope I get as lucky as those that purchased the DC1200 and got the DC1400, I ordered yesterday from LP. Also saw on another website that others had gotten the same substitution from different online provider. so fingers crossed!! Im going on a Carib cruise in Sept and then South Pacific in Nov so this camera would come in very handy!!!

Archived