Uniworld cruise

nycpammie

This is my first river cruise. We signed up for the Pre in Prague at the Imperial Hotel and Budapest we are staying at the Hilton Budapest. If anyone has done this cruise or stayed at these hotels any information would be helpful. Did you do the tours that Uniworld offers in Prague and Budapest? How were they? Did anyone make their own private tours in either city? We are inclined to do that, we did it in Bora Bora and it was great. We are going in September, and staying in the owners suite. Any thing anyone knows and can offer would be great, Thanks in advance!

Our cruise with Uniworld was 9 years ago. Enjoyed it thoroughly, but don't remember as many specifics. So just a few general pointers. Many of the tours are included. So you have already paid for them. There is no refund if you skip an included tour.

Did anyone stay two days in Lisbon prior to going on the Uniworld Duoro Valley river cruise? If so, what do you suggest on the free day in Lisbon? Any good restaurant suggestions??

This is my first river cruise. We signed up for the Pre in Prague at the Imperial Hotel and Budapest we are staying at the Hilton Budapest. ... Did anyone make their own private tours in either city? ...Thanks in advance!

Try Andrea ŘEZNÍČKOVÁ, from "Personal Prague Guide" Company. Look them up on the web and also look them up in Tripadvisor. They get absolutely GREAT reviews from everyone who's used them. We've signed up for a tour in Prague with her after the ship drops us off on August 5th.

BTW: If you make your own pre-tour arrangements you can save beaucoup bucks compared to the outrageous prices charged by the cruise lines.

We are going on the Uniworld "Enchanting Danube" cruise July 29 from Budapest to Passau (Prague area).

We made B&B reservations at "Bellevue B&B" in Buda right near the Fisherman's Bastien area. This place ranks #3 of Budapest's B&Bs and Inns and gets over 200 Excellent/Very-good reviews and only two "average." It costs only 68 Euros a night for the time we're there. Try and beat that with one of the Ship's pre-tour packages! Go on Tripadvisor and read about the place! This is also Rick Steves' favorite B&B in Budapest. We always look to Rick for the best bargains in Europe.

In Prague we're staying at the Arcadia Residence Hotel about 1/2 block off the Old Town Square. You can see the Astronomical Clock from some of their rooms. This only costs 130 Euros/night. And it also gets a unanimous Excellent/VG ratings on Tripadvisor.

Did anyone stay two days in Lisbon prior to going on the Uniworld Duoro Valley river cruise? If so, what do you suggest on the free day in Lisbon? Any good restaurant suggestions??

I would definitely recommend Ramiro in Lisbon. It was the best authentic seafood experience I have ever had, in any country. The owners are wonderful, the shrimp and prawns delicious, and it is truly a local experience. I was there for dinner solo last summer and had a blast just local people watching and eating/drinking. Go early though if you want a seat; a line will form out the door by 7. Ignore any comments you read about the neighborhood. It's fine and I comfortably walked back to Hotel Mundial. Have fun. Lisbon is a wonderful city!

Went on the Uniworld Russia tour last year and will be going on European Serenade through Germany this year. I would wait to book any additional local tours as the included program is fairly inclusive. In addition, you might not be "up" for a full day tour on that particular day.

You probably know that in any of the large cities, you will have no problem booking additional private tours from the ship or as soon as you get off the ship. The tour director will be very helpful in that regard.

We stayed at the Imperial in Prague earlier this month. It was very convenient to the Old Town, the room was quite large and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was a challenge to get in and the view was terrible. The restaurant was very good, breakfast had many choices in a beautiful room. One hour free internet at the bar if you buy a drink--met a lot of people from our cruise there too. The Uniworld tour of Prague was good. We also did a Segway tour that I booked in advance. While we saw some different things, it was challenging. Those hills and the huge cobblestones.......I would not do it again, although I really liked it I did not enjoy it.

We went to the church that has the Infant of Prague that I really liked. (Factor in the Catholic School Education!) I did almost all my necessary shopping in Prague. It's a great city.

Try Andrea ŘEZNÍČKOVÁ, from "Personal Prague Guide" Company. Look them up on the web and also look them up in Tripadvisor. They get absolutely GREAT reviews from everyone who's used them. We've signed up for a tour in Prague with her after the ship drops us off on August 5th.

BTW: If you make your own pre-tour arrangements you can save beaucoup bucks compared to the outrageous prices charged by the cruise lines.

We are going on the Uniworld "Enchanting Danube" cruise July 29 from Budapest to Passau (Prague area).

We made B&B reservations at "Bellevue B&B" in Buda right near the Fisherman's Bastien area. This place ranks #3 of Budapest's B&Bs and Inns and gets over 200 Excellent/Very-good reviews and only two "average." It costs only 68 Euros a night for the time we're there. Try and beat that with one of the Ship's pre-tour packages! Go on Tripadvisor and read about the place! This is also Rick Steves' favorite B&B in Budapest. We always look to Rick for the best bargains in Europe.

In Prague we're staying at the Arcadia Residence Hotel about 1/2 block off the Old Town Square. You can see the Astronomical Clock from some of their rooms. This only costs 130 Euros/night. And it also gets a unanimous Excellent/VG ratings on Tripadvisor.

Thanks, I will look into it. Please review the tour after your trip, I will check it out!

Archived