Nightsnorkel excursion inBermuda

lumpkin8

Hi, I have been trying to get some info on this, and I only had 1 answer so far, so trying the same question here....anyone do the night snorkel in Bermuda excursion? I will be on the Celebrity Summit, and I thought the night snorkel excursion would be different, but I read from one person that very little fish are out at night, and also it was just a local beach dive from snorkel park, a manmade beach, and nothing to see there.

I would love to hear if anyone else had an experience with this excursion, and if it was worth $80 dollars per person

Thanks.

well one piece of information you got is wrong

I've been on many many night dives and most critters hide during the day and only come out at night.

Can't comment on this excursion or location but the best pictures I've ever taken underwater happened on night dives!

Thanks Capt. BJ and SuzyQ50.

I too, would have thought there was much to see at night, including the bioluminescence, but that is not the impression I have gotten from the people who have done the night snorkel/glass boat in bermuda. I am not sure why there seems to be so little around the Bermuda area?

Thanks Capt. BJ and SuzyQ50.

I too, would have thought there was much to see at night, including the bioluminescence, but that is not the impression I have gotten from the people who have done the night snorkel/glass boat in bermuda. I am not sure why there seems to be so little around the Bermuda area?

I suspect the reason is location, location, location! Not Bermuda - but where this glass bottom and/or night snorkel goes.

In my experience, night dives/wet excursions don't really like to go too far away from home - the driver wants to get home too - BEST place is not the priority. PLUS, if you are talking a night dive/snorkel with people in the water: HEY it is night and the risk goes up about 1000% vs a day trip (you have folks you don't know skill wize). The location needs to be safe safe safe and ideally contained with one way in and out!

My best night dives have been at a shore location catering to experienced divers and a location I'm VERY familiar with. I go from shore with just my buddy <aka spousal unit> and no group direction or limits. My BEST u/w pictures have been the result of a night dive, in a location I was very familiar/comfortable where we found a spot, sat down, turned off the lights and waited to see what found us.

Like an octopus investigating a coral head just a foot away.

Archived