Room Service

purrfect007

Do you keep singles $ on hand to tip for room service, a couple of dollars I'd guess each time unless you order a whole meal; or do you sign for it and add it on the slip?

I am not clear on if room service is a fee or if it's free with limited items.

One week to go....can't BELEIVE it!!:):):):)

Most of the time there is no fee for room service. However, there is a fee for pizza. And there is a fee for late night room service. It is customary to tip a couple dollars or so, depending on how much you order, for room service.

We only use room service once or twice during the cruise, so we don;t keep much extra on hand for room service tips, but we do tip when we use it.

As the previous poster said, room service is free except for late night deliveries. Then, the charge is for the delivery, not the food. There's also a $5 charge for pizza, regardless of the time of day.

We usually tip $1 or $2 per plate, in cash.

Do you keep singles $ on hand to tip for room service, a couple of dollars I'd guess each time unless you order a whole meal; or do you sign for it and add it on the slip?

I am not clear on if room service is a fee or if it's free with limited items.

One week to go....can't BELEIVE it!!:):):):)

You asked a question on another thread about tipping the butler and concierge so I'm guessing you're in a suite. If so, the butler will be delivering anything you order from room service. When you tip he butler at the end of the cruise you can consider the service provided.

With a few exceptions, there's no extra charge for room service items. If you order dinners from a specialty restaurant, an option for suite passengers only, you pay the normal surcharge. There's a fee for pizza delivery and an extra charge if you request room service in the middle of the night. (I'm not sure of the hours.)

What kinds of juice is on the room service menu? Also, is the orange juice the real deal?

Thanks,

Donna

Standard OJ is okay, the pay-extra juice is better.

In Cagney's breakfast, there used to be a pitcher of delicious fresh squeezed juice at the buffet. I found out later that was supposed to be for the extra charge Mimosa.

Whenever we tip in cash for room service or whatever, we have started wrapping the bills around the small size bars of chocolate candy like mini-Hershey bars or the kit kats that have 2 sticks in them. I read that suggestion on here a few years ago and liked it.

I have had several of the servers say that they were happy to get some candy from the states. I also had one lady be really excited when I brought a Coke in a can into the restaurant because NCL is always Pepsi products. She was really surprised when I brought her back one from my cabin.

It's got to be the little things when you work long hours away from family in very small living quarters

Whenever we tip in cash for room service or whatever, we have started wrapping the bills around the small size bars of chocolate candy like mini-Hershey bars or the kit kats that have 2 sticks in them. I read that suggestion on here a few years ago and liked it.

I have had several of the servers say that they were happy to get some candy from the states. I also had one lady be really excited when I brought a Coke in a can into the restaurant because NCL is always Pepsi products. She was really surprised when I brought her back one from my cabin.

It's got to be the little things when you work long hours away from family in very small living quarters

THAT is a very cool idea. I am going to do that next cruise. If I have a few bags of M&Ms preset, then no more looking for the loose dollars lying around the cabin.

Many thanks. :D

Great idea about the candy! I will do that!

But, if our butler is the only one bringing room service, I imagine I'll be tipping him a bundle at the end.

So, if we order from Cagney's for dinner in our room, all we do is pay the up charge as if we went into the restaurant? That's interesting.

What is usually in Cagney's for breakfast? It's a buffet, or waiter service? I was kinda planning on ordering coffee and a fruit plate of some sort to the room and at least starting the day healthy,

we'll see!!

You asked a question on another thread about tipping the butler and concierge so I'm guessing you're in a suite. If so, the butler will be delivering anything you order from room service. When you tip he butler at the end of the cruise you can consider the service provided.

I've always wondered if the butler is called to deliver LATE night suite orders. Can you just call room service and bypass your resting butler?

Pat

Great idea about the candy! I will do that!

But, if our butler is the only one bringing room service, I imagine I'll be tipping him a bundle at the end.

So, if we order from Cagney's for dinner in our room, all we do is pay the up charge as if we went into the restaurant? That's interesting.

What is usually in Cagney's for breakfast? It's a buffet, or waiter service? I was kinda planning on ordering coffee and a fruit plate of some sort to the room and at least starting the day healthy,

we'll see!!

Cagneys has a Buffet with fruit, pâté cereals and such. The serving menu includes standard breakfast fare ( eggs, bacon, etc.) lox, bagles, pastries. They also serve steak and eggs, crab cake Benedict eggs benedict. There is more, but I am drawing a blank. OH, the coffee is served via French press that is placed on your table that they will not press until you feel it is strong enough.

I've always wondered if the butler is called to deliver LATE night suite orders. Can you just call room service and bypass your resting butler?

Pat

Times we were in a suite we've had:

*regular room service deliver the food

*been redirected to the butlers phone when he should have been off duty

*had a night butler

I'm really not sure what the norm is. We have always had good service .

Pat

As I understand it, the butlers rotate shift responsibility so there is always one on duty as a "night butler"...not always your regular one.

WRT standard room service, early on, we never tipped for an occasional early continental door-hanger breakfast. One cruise, we seemed to get the same cheery fellow every morning's order, who went out of his way to be sure we had it all.

That put the light bulb on and, since then, we always thank the server with a few dollars.

As a future Haven cruiser, one of the perks is that the extra charge for late night room service is waived. At least that is my understanding per my PCC.

That could be, but there are lots of full suites that are not in the Haven.

Archived