Party of five - seated with anyone? Do they match groups?

twindaddy

Cruising Splendor in December, family of four plus grandma....anyone else with a group of five, were you seated with someone? Or at a table of six with an empty chair?

Does Carnival make any effort to match groups (families with families, seniors with seniors) or is it a crap shoot? Other lines allegedly try to match groups...

Thanks!

Cruising Splendor in December, family of four plus grandma....anyone else with a group of five, were you seated with someone? Or at a table of six with an empty chair?

Does Carnival make any effort to match groups (families with families, seniors with seniors) or is it a crap shoot? Other lines allegedly try to match groups...

Thanks!

We cruised the Splendor last year as a party of five and were at a ten top with another family of five.

The Maitre'd does his/her best to match folks at the tables, but of course, sometimes there are things that they don't know! I'd bet that you'll be happy with your seating. To be sure, you could go to the dining room on embarkation day, (usually around 12:30 or so) and check with the maitre 'd to see where your table is, and what the configuration is. If there's a problem, you can ask to have it fixed then.

"SKY"

We cruised the Splendor last year as a party of five and were at a ten top with another family of five.

Thanks for the replies, I have a feeling that is what will happen. I am fine with that, I enjoy meeting new people. I have been very busy reading the cruise table mate nightmare thread, wow that is funny stuff, but I know 90% of tables are fun and friendly...

When I was on the Glory last year, they sat three 20-something ladies with three 60-ish women. Wasn't exactly the best fit. Made the best of it, and have some hysterical jokes out of our conversations, as I'm sure they do as well!

We sailed nine times as a family of 5, up to 2009 (oldest son hasn't sailed with us since then due to school commitments). Only twice were we placed with others - one time at an 8-top with a family of 3, once at a 10-top with a family of 4. The kids' ages matched fairly well. All the other times we were at a 4-top with a chair at the end. I know some folks don't find this acceptable and ask for a 6-top, but we've always had plenty of room. Next week we're sailing for the first time in three years with a party of 5 - our nephew is coming with us. I'll let you know what we get.

Splendor 6/10. We were YTD and a party of 11, not including the service Yak (inside joke). We were seated no problem each night in the Black Pearl, deck 3.

Service was outstanding and we never waited beyond 5 minutes, but we were there around 6.

On our last cruise we were sat with a party of 6 and 3 of us. I think that the other group was a little suprised that we sat at "their" table and it was a little uncomfortable the first night and I was unsure if I wanted to go back for another night.

Archived