June 2012 Carnival Fantasy Review With Pictures

Day 2 fun day at sea

We started off this day by going up to the Lido deck (Level 10) for a day of fun at sea. I believe it was around 9 am and we had no problem getting chairs. I remember waking up around 8:30 am and jumping up and telling the family "We have to go NOW or there wont't be any left". Last year the wife and I waited till around 11:00 am and couldn't get a seat.

DSC02483.JPG

The DD and I on our way to the Lido

DSC02485.JPG

Not many chairs left on the starboard side at this point

DSC02486.JPG

Luckily for us the port side was still in the shade at this point and not as popular

DSC02488.JPG

We ate breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck this day and stayed by the pool most of the afternoon.

DSC02496.JPG

Pizza on the ship is not as good as I hoped but if I don't have to make it, it is still good!

[/size]The ship had all sorts of happenings on the Lido deck this day; hairy man contest, ice carvings, dance lessons, master mixology contest, and live music. I had hoped to be in the master mixology contest but my name was not drawn. :( I boycotted the drink that won the contest....just kidding!

DSC02491.JPG

The one and only pool is a very popular place on a day at sea. Met some nice folks from all over.

DSC02497.JPG

The wife loves to read while sunning it.

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02500.JPG

Comfort food

Day 2 fun day at sea

We started off this day by going up to the Lido deck (Level 10) for a day of fun at sea. I believe it was around 9 am and we had no problem getting chairs. I remember waking up around 8:30 am and jumping up and telling the family "We have to go NOW or there wont't be any left". Last year the wife and I waited till around 11:00 am and couldn't get a seat.

DSC02483.JPG

The DD and I on our way to the Lido

DSC02485.JPG

Not many chairs left on the starboard side at this point

DSC02486.JPG

Luckily for us the port side was still in the shade at this point and not as popular

DSC02488.JPG

We ate breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck this day and stayed by the pool most of the afternoon.

DSC02496.JPG

Pizza on the ship is not as good as I hoped but if I don't have to make it, it is still good!

I'm enjoying your review and glad you liked "my" band Music Boardwalk.;) Pink

Thanks for the review! Love your pics, looks like your family is having a fantastic time! We are about 3.5hrs from charleston, so def. considering this close-ish port. Was skeptical of the older fantasy, that's why I love photo reviews! Gives you such a better idea of the ship.

After about 6 hours of sunning it we went back to our room and got ready for another great evening.

Here was the recipe for the DOD...I'm not a big liquor drinker but this was tasty!

DSC02507.JPG

DSC02509.JPG

The wife and I were having the Caribbean Breeze waiting on the kiddos to get ready for the evening dinner in the atrium. She said we watched them put this up the night before after shutting down the piano lounge....I asked "We did?" Then I looked back at the pictures and indeed we did!

IMG_3210.JPG

Yes we did....

IMG_3211.JPG

Thanks for the review! Love your pics, looks like your family is having a fantastic time! We are about 3.5hrs from charleston, so def. considering this close-ish port. Was skeptical of the older fantasy, that's why I love photo reviews! Gives you such a better idea of the ship.

Thanks Mandy, The Fantasy is well maintained and has had a great crew each time we have been on her. I'm looking forward to the day more ships come to Charleston, if that day ever comes.

The evening began with our family taking pictures in our cruise elegant attire. Carnival has to make a ton of money on pictures. They had no less than 10 places set up to snap a photo. We posed for a few of the photographers but did not purchase any of them. I brought my tripod and took a few ourselves.

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3252%2520%25281%2529.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

When we arrived back our room we were greeted by this towel critter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read a lot of reviews and look at a lot of photos - YOUR FAMILY IS BEAUTIFUL! You DD is a carbon copy of DW - very, very pretty! I'm sure you have lots of baseball bats (LOL) - son is a cutie as well. I took my DD on the Fantasy a couple of years ago, when she was 14 and she had a blast as well.

Tonight was going to be the only cruise elegant night in the Main Dining Room (MDR). We ate dinner with a family from Lexington, KY. They were very nice and we enjoyed their company. The wait staff was soso this night. They tried to entertain the crowd with a sing-a-long “That’s Amore” but I wasn’t feeling it. I had lobster and shrimp for dinner and for dessert I had THE chocolate melting cake. After dinner we watched Music Boulevard for a couple of songs and then on to the show in the universe lounge. The show was entertaining with a lot of energy from the singers and dancers. Before the show started the cruise director “Risa Barnes” warned the front seats that there were pyrotechnics used during the show. I didn’t really think much of it, but when the show starts it begins with a video of a talking couch flying around and at one point he begins to fall. To make it appear that he lands hard on the stage they let off some VERY LOUD explosives right at the front, no more than 15 feet where we are sitting. I just about had an accident in my pants if you know what I mean. We saw this show last year but I forgot about the boom. I was wondering though, whose idea was it to have a talking couch emcee the show? I like that carnival uses musicians to play all of the music in these shows. Overall I give Carnival an “A” for live music. After the show we headed back to the forum lounge to watch a comedian “John Knight”. He was pretty funny but not as good as the other comedian we caught later in the week. I don't have pictures of the shows because they don't allow it "due to international copyright laws". I heard that at every show. I do have some pics of the lounges though.

IMG_3254.JPG

The Universe Lounge all lit up

DSC02436.JPG

The Universe Lounge unoccupied

DSC02437.JPG

The upper deck seating in the Universe Lounge

DSC02519.JPG

Another shot of Music Boardwalk. The keyboardist is the star of the band.

DSC02522.JPG

The wife and I showed up a little early but not early enough. We ended up getting seats next to the door that takes you to the Serenity deck and sat on the window seal. The comedy shows are very popular and you should plan on getting there early if you want a good seat.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read a lot of reviews and look at a lot of photos - YOUR FAMILY IS BEAUTIFUL! You DD is a carbon copy of DW - very, very pretty! I'm sure you have lots of baseball bats (LOL) - son is a cutie as well. I took my DD on the Fantasy a couple of years ago, when she was 14 and she had a blast as well.

Thank you for your kind words. I am very blessed to have the family I have.

Im loving your review! I was shocked at the size of your cabin! We are a family of 4 as well, and we have an interior on the Miracle. We spend absolutely ZERO time in the cabin, and have had four of us together before, but your pictures make it look VERY SMALL..We were on the Miracle in one of the "french door' cabins, and we had plenty of room. Do you know the square footage of this? Did they put the beds up during the day?

Really enjoying your review. Not too many Fantasy reviews out there so I am thrilled to see that you are writing one.

Man! Your cabin is tiny! I have often entertained bringing my two boys on our cruise vacations (as soon as they start to behave :rolleyes:) but am seriously thinking they need to get a job and get their own cabin. :p

I forgot to mention earlier that we were dining in the Celebration dining room and that it is mid ship. The aft dining room is called the Jubilee but the one time I wanted to go in and take some pictures they were closed due to a function.

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3156.JPG

DSC02512.JPG

This was our waitstaff for cruise elegant night. The Matri D for the Celebration MDR was "Stan the Man" as he called himself.

DSC02515.JPG

I love this pic of the DD

Im loving your review! I was shocked at the size of your cabin! We are a family of 4 as well, and we have an interior on the Miracle. We spend absolutely ZERO time in the cabin, and have had four of us together before, but your pictures make it look VERY SMALL..We were on the Miracle in one of the "french door' cabins, and we had plenty of room. Do you know the square footage of this? Did they put the beds up during the day?

Thanks jmwg49, I was a little shocked by the size of the room as well but I was not in the room enough for it really to matter. No I don't know the square footage but the OV cabin across from us had about 2 more feet in width. Probably same length. No they didn't put the beds up but I did.

Really enjoying your review. Not too many Fantasy reviews out there so I am thrilled to see that you are writing one.

Man! Your cabin is tiny! I have often entertained bringing my two boys on our cruise vacations (as soon as they start to behave :rolleyes:) but am seriously thinking they need to get a job and get their own cabin. :p

Glad your enjoying it All4fun...your review of the fantasy inspired me to do one myself.

If I had known that this room was this small I would have changed it but I didn't see any bad reviews until it was too late. Another problem with this room was that you could hear the elevator. Thankfully it wasn't used much at night. I would not recommend this one. I read in a review somewhere on CC that this room use to be used for the something else and they converted it into a room...

All that being said, we still had a great vacation....:)

If I had known that this room was this small I would have changed it but I didn't see any bad reviews until it was too late. Another problem with this room was that you could hear the elevator. Thankfully it wasn't used much at night. I would not recommend this one. I read in a review somewhere on CC that this room use to be used for the something else and they converted it into a room...

All that being said, we still had a great vacation....:)

Seeing your great review with all the photos reminds me of the 14 day Panama Canal transit cruise that my wife and I took Last December on the Inspiration. The layout of these Fantasty Class ships is almost identical. :) I'm so glad that the small room didn't keep your family from having a fun trip!

Thanks for writing up this super review! I have subscribed to keep up 'till you finish. :D

Archived