Price Drop Question

Csnorrco

I booked our Aug 26 Cruise in Mid-May and made the final payment on June 12. I did not have Early Saver---but I believe I booked the Past Guest Price. Two days ago I checked the prices and the More=Merrier price was $250 less than we payed. I sent in a "Lowest Price Guaranteed" form asking for OBC and received a denial email the next day stating that the price had to drop within 48 hours of booking. I then called Carnival...and the agent there said that the couldn't give OBC...just an upgrade. So we got a room upgrade (same balcony room) from Deck 4 to Deck 8. Which is OK, but I would rather have had the OBC. How is it that I read so many posts about people receiving OBC up until the last minute for price drops? I asked the agent when was OBC giving and she said only if there was on overage of payment. Didn't I just make an 'Overage" of payment....since the price dropped $250???? I'm confused and wondering if I shouldn't have pushed harder for the OBC. Can anyone clarify this for me...?

The only rate you get OBC for when the price drops is the Early Saver rate. Past Guest rate doesn't qualify for it and the Best Price Guarantee is only if you find a lower rate within 48 hours of booking. The price drops you see people getting OBC for are the people that booked Early Saver. Sorry- but you will still have a great cruise and you got an upgrade! Enjoy and have a great cruise!!!!!

They told you correctly, you need to book Early Saver rate, as only that rate gets price drops after final payment.

It is much more restrictive, so not everyone wants to book that rate, it is your choice.

the form you sent is only for price drops within 48 hours of booking.

Glad you at least got upgraded!!!

You can get price drops until final payment after that you can only get an upgrade if a higher category drops lower than what you paid.

The OBC that you have read about is for early saver bookings. If you book early saver then you get the price drops until final payment and OBC for price drops after final payment.

BTW early saver has a lot of restrictions including no mane changes and if you cancel you are charged $50 pp and the remaining deposit is held by Carnival for a future cruise within two years.

Okay---it is all starting to make sense. I'm glad I called Carnival after the 'denial' letter and at least got upgraded by 4 decks!! The DH and kids are super excited about being up so high and only having to travel one floor to the buffet and pool!!!

Archived