shuttles in south america

mare s.

I know this is not helpful re: shuttle as I do not know, but the Metro City is not too far away from the Port. Taxi is very reasonable in B/A, you could always do a private Tour of B/A and have your Travel Agent meet you at the ship, or arrange for a private Taxi. If you get stuck here, ket me know and I can refer a reliable T/A or Private Taxi Co to help you I make B/A my home away from home. Love the City and its great Steak Houses

We were just in B.A. in Feb and there was no shuttle into B.A. People either took a transfer to the airport, hotel or took a tour before flying out which is what we did. Tour included city tour and then to a ranch for a barbecue. It was a way to prevent spending the day at the airport!!! Is your hotel stay part of an Azamara package? If so, they should provide the transfer.

Hope this helps!

we have two overnights in buenos aires at the end of the cruise. does anyone know if azamara provides a shuttle to the city?

Hi Mare s,

I've asked this question previously, and the answer given, was that shuttles are arranged by the Ship's officers, due to the fact that (in some ports) berthing assignments can change at the last moment.

When it gets close to your sailing, you might wish to contact LeClub Voyage at 1-888-LECLUBV, as they might be able to provide information. If not, the onboard staff will be happy to answer your questions.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for the info everyone. Since we have two overnights in Buenos Aires before disembarking, I was hoping that Azamara might provide shuttles on the two full days, as I understand that the port in Buenos Aires is a commercial port not close to city center. The day of disembarkation we are leaving immediately for Iguazu. I definitely will check back with Azamara closer to our trip. And, Andy, we know we'll enjoy the cruise....love the Quest!

Thanks for the info everyone. Since we have two overnights in Buenos Aires before disembarking, I was hoping that Azamara might provide shuttles on the two full days, as I understand that the port in Buenos Aires is a commercial port not close to city center. The day of disembarkation we are leaving immediately for Iguazu. I definitely will check back with Azamara closer to our trip. And, Andy, we know we'll enjoy the cruise....love the Quest!

Thanks for the question! As you know we are with you and hoped to learn about this information also!

Dwight

Thanks for the question! As you know we are with you and hoped to learn about this information also!

Dwight

On our overnight in BA there were not shuttles due to the local taxi union. There were also several reports onboard of issues with taxi drivers not using meters etc and not playing fair with tourists. I know several highlighted to the cruiseline the problems this was giving. We were not affected as we had an arrangement with a private driver and were doing tours with him but I can appreciate people sometimes want the flexibility to come and go as they please.

Archived