Catalina

cruise88cruise

Renting a golf cart is very popular. They give you a map with the approved roads. You can go up towards the Wrigley memorial, drive through the town streets and see all the cute houses. There are great views of the harbor and your ship as your head up into the hills, great pic taking opportunities. There are two different companies that rent golf carts, right near where you walk off the tender boat.

The shopping area is right there when you get off the tender. Beach area is within walking distance.

Glass bottom boat and submarine tours are available to book

Kayaking

Ziplining

Hummer tours

Check out this site: catalinachamber dot com.

Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

I'm looking into renting a golf cart for our trip in a few weeks. How much time do you think we should rent for? How much time do we need to explore? I figure we could do the walking stuff that's close to the pier either before or after the actual rental and just use it for the farther things away.

Thanks!

I'm looking into renting a golf cart for our trip in a few weeks. How much time do you think we should rent for? How much time do we need to explore? I figure we could do the walking stuff that's close to the pier either before or after the actual rental and just use it for the farther things away.

Thanks!

We rented one for either 40 minutes or an hour--whatever the minimum was (I think it was an hour). We drove all over and got out to take pictures several times. We also stopped and watched the zipliners for a few minutes. It was perfect timing.

It's been a few years, but when we were there on Princess we hopped onto a City Trolley (like a public bus) that took us around and up the island to the Wrigley Garden and back for something like $3 round trip.

Not a tour, just transportation, but we got to see a lot of what the island was like.

We'd do it again. :)

gary

It's been a few years, but when we were there on Princess we hopped onto a City Trolley (like a public bus) that took us around and up the island to the Wrigley Garden and back for something like $3 round trip.

Not a tour, just transportation, but we got to see a lot of what the island was like.

We'd do it again. :)

gary

A few years ago we caught the 1st trolley of the day and since there were only a few of us on the trolley, the driver gave us a guided tour.

If you want to go to the Botanical Gardens or Descanso Beach, take the trolley for $3/one way, $6/round trip or an all day pass for $7.

Avalontrolleymap_zps4ae23dd6.jpg"]Avalontrolleymap_zps4ae23dd6.jpg[/url]

Archived