Need quick Monarch obstructed view advice please!

We are currently booked in one oceanview cabin as a family of two adults and two children (9 and 6).

I always double check prices/availability and noticed for just a slight increase we can change to two oceanview cabins on deck 8 obstructed view. I don't care much about the view aspect, I am thinking of the larger space, two bathrooms, etc.

Any reason NOT to make the switch??

We are currently booked in one oceanview cabin as a family of two adults and two children (9 and 6).

I always double check prices/availability and noticed for just a slight increase we can change to two oceanview cabins on deck 8 obstructed view. I don't care much about the view aspect, I am thinking of the larger space, two bathrooms, etc.

Any reason NOT to make the switch??

Not that I can think of, Monarch cabins are very small. Maybe you will be able to get connecting cabins and the view is not bad only blocked looking up.

Thanks.

We currently have a forward cabin on deck 5 which isn't the mid ship choice I would have made but it's ok. I did like being on the same deck as several amenities we would use, but again I'm willing to sacrifice a bit.

My only concern was the higher deck level and possible upset tummies. I have only been on one short cruise (on the Nile) on a small boat and had no problems but I was thinking of the kids. We are travelling in late August so being "hurricane season" I'm aware of the possibility of rougher water.

Everything I have read assures me that even under those cicumstances there is rarely any real discomfort.

ETA: Yes, booking does indicate the ability to have connecting cabins.

Make the switch to 2 cabins on Deck 8...with 4 people you won't be sorry at all!! Deck 8 is very convienent..and as other's have said the view is not that obstructed at all...

Archived