Kids and Cave Tubing

MandynJim

What do you guys think about taking a 10 year old and an almost 6 year old cave tubing in Belize? I went back in 05 and loved it, I think my kids would like it too, but I know my little one would be able to carry his tube up the trail. What are your thoughts?

I am taking my DD who is 10 and my DS who is 7 cave tubing in Belize on 7/10 off the Dream. They are very excited. We booked thru VIV tours. Both my kids are very energetic and easy temperments, swim like fishes (not necessary though) and outdoorsy types (play lots of sports). I would have taken them at five years old as well...

Only you know what your kids are like, but it really shouldnt be an issue. I suggest Googling images of cave tubing in belize to get an idea of the enviornment. It looks very relaxed and fun!! Slow moving river...the hike is supposed to have wide trails, with only a step-like steep parts....

Hope this helps....

Scott

We actually took our 3 year old (at the time) last September and she loved it. She walked the entire way, held the tarantula, ate the termites, tasted the various items along the way for hydration and loved the tubing and water.

I do know that back in November they changed the regulations about cavetubing and have now put restrictions on either age or height. I'm not sure which one. But, I'm glad she was able to do it before then.

We went with .bz and they would carry your tube for you if you needed help. I'm sure most of the companies out there have guides that would do the same for your children if they are unable to do so.

Go and have fun. :D

mitsugirly,

Did your 3 yr old ride on your lap or have her own tube?

We're considering taking our 4 yr old.

She rode on my husbands lap. Just be aware, they changed the rules last December and children now have to be 48" tall in order to do cavetubing. So if your 4 yr old isn't that tall yet, they will not let your little one go now.

Archived