Kids On Board Account

MarcieandTed

Can we detach our kids' key cards from our credit card and just have a cash allowance in their on board account? Does it work like a debit card? Say if we put in $50 for them to use, will the card be rejected once the limit has been reached? We don't want them going crazy with the arcade, etc. Can we add small increments as needed in cash? The kids will also bring their own money to add, which we hope can be done at reception on board.

I did a search on this and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Some say if you don't use a credit card you have to put in $100 a day?? That's too much for kids.

Curious to hear what others have done.

We're on the Pearl. Thanks!

Can we detach our kids' key cards from our credit card and just have a cash allowance in their on board account?

Yes

Does it work like a debit card? Say if we put in $50 for them to use, will the card be rejected once the limit has been reached?

Yes.

We don't want them going crazy with the arcade, etc. Can we add small increments as needed in cash?

Yes.

The kids will also bring their own money to add, which we hope can be done at reception on board.

Yes. (real original answers I have, huh? lol)

I did a search on this and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Some say if you don't use a credit card you have to put in $100 a day?? That's too much for kids.

It sure is!! They wouldn't expect that from a minor.

Curious to hear what others have done.

We're on the Pearl. Thanks!

I had no problems with both taking the charging privileges away from my children and also adding it back on. I did prepay their DSC though, I don't know if that made a difference or not, but since they are minors, I would assume their DSC would be billed to me regardless.

Might be an idea to have them just bind everything to your CC at check-in and then let the NCL people at guest services separate their cards and deposit the $50 or whatever you want to put on there for them.

Might be an idea to have them just bind everything to your CC at check-in and then let the NCL people at guest services separate their cards and deposit the $50 or whatever you want to put on there for them.

It will be easier to do it at check in. Doing it after involves (simple) paperwork and getting a new key card.

Same thing as doing it at checkin.

Archived