Ruins Tour with Limited Mobility

rockbock

My mom wants to do a ruins tour in either Costa Maya or Belize during a cruise in October.

Background on my mom - She will turn 64 on this cruise. She has MS. She walks on her own, but tires easily and uses a cane or walker if she needs to walk more than a short distance or needs to walk on rough terrain. She can handle stairs, but not a LOT of stairs. The motion from a long, bumpy bus ride might make her feel a bit nauseous, so if there is a "close" option with easy terrain, that's what they'd be looking for.

Which ruins site in either Belize or Costa Maya will be easiest for my mom?

I'm also posting this in the Belize forum. If you're reading both forums, I apologize for the repetitiveness, but I want to get as many responses as possible.

Rock...if you don't get responses from people who have done the tours at either Chacchoben or Dzibanche, give David or Ivan at Native Choice an email and ask them directly. This would , IMO, be a great tour for ruins as these two guys do a bang up job. I agree that the beach and things to see at Chankanaab in Coz are better than the San Gervasio ruins.

http://www.thenativechoice.com/

Archived