Celebration power sockets

Hi All

Going on the Celebration in September (24th), can anyone please tell me if the power sockets are normal 3 pin type or round continental or flat pin type.

How many usable power points in cabins.

Also any Wifi on board.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks to all

Hi All

Going on the Celebration in September (24th), can anyone please tell me if the power sockets are normal 3 pin type or round continental or flat pin type.

How many usable power points in cabins.

Also any Wifi on board.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks to all

Hi Max011

From memory, apart from shaver socket in bathroom, I think there was only one outlet in the cabin and it was two pin round but we also take a flat pin as a precaution. We also take a four socket extension lead with a short (1 metre) cable as this is sufficient to charge a few things at once and sits comfortably on the dressing table. A hairdryer is hardwired into the top drawer in the dressing table.

Sorry can't help with onboard wifi but do know that the crew all head on shore to the nearest cafes/bars. Follow them if you need to seek out an outlet.

There also seemed to be another socket on the dressing table but as we only needed the one 2 pin round. socket I didnt look at its configuration.

On the WIFI there is a service but our experience was that we paid £6 for 30 minutes (other choices available) and it was very slow and I guess we only got 20 mins of normal service. We were with the crew and took our laptop ashore to the local cafe and got thru for the price of a cup of coffee.

It doesnt seem to matter whether they provide the computer or you use your own.

Hope this helps

Clive

I think the other socket is a 110v American style socket. If you take a european adaptor, and a short 4 socket extension you will be fine. As the sockets are quite close to the dressing table, you may find that some chargers won't fit directly into the socket, so the extension can come in handy. Most products these days work with different voltage, but just check on the side of them that they will work with 220v.

As mentioned, use wi-fi ashore.

Archived