Oasis show

DrD

Saw a great show on the Oasis today on DESTHD (286 on Directv). It's all about the turn-around day, amazing! Of course it's on again or I wouldn't post as that would be cruel, it's on again this Sunday morning.

The saddest part was the number of people with incorrect documents who almost didn't get on board! They all did except for 2 families.

Here's what happened:

New bride with tickets in married name and travel docs in maiden name

Resolution: faxed some record that showed her maiden name and new married name and they let her on.

2 grownups with 2 kids and kid's last name was different from either grownup. Lady was kid's mom but different last name, dude was BF.

resolution: kid's dad with same last name faxed over letter giving permission. they got on

family grabbed wrong passports for at least 1 member, it was expired.

resolution: missed cruise

and most ridiculous: wrong name on ticket. guy's excuse was my assistant booked it and used her name by accident. Doh!!

resolution: none

This one poor guy had the job to tell people they weren't getting on. he said it's actally easier when they get mad becasue he doesn't feel so bad.

anyway now I'm a bit paranoid and will bring passports, kid's BC, marriage license, and library card. Well maybe not marriage license as we got married on Princess. I will probably check everything hourly until we're checked in.

The show was great and educational.

Great show, it was on here yesterday and I recorded it and watched it again today. Also, had the making of the Freedom of the Seas and QE2 in the two hour slots ahead of the Oasis. Really fun to watch. I keep trying to pick out my balcony.. lol

Archived