4 day bus pass

smlnd

Does anyone know if they count calendar days for the bus pass or is it from the time you actually buy the pass?

.....if you use the bus for 15 minutes, they just don't deduct 15 minutes off of your pass.

Does anyone know if they count calendar days for the bus pass or is it from the time you actually buy the pass?

You could have it for a couple of days without using it and you lose nothing. The countdown starts the first time you use it. Also, it is for consecutive days.....if you use it one day and not the next, you lose the unused day.

Thanks. What I mean is, just as an example, if you bought a one day pass, would it only be good for that one calendar day even if you bought and first used it at 3 PM or would it be good until 3 PM the next day (for an actual 24 hour period) or just through the end at midnight of the actual calendar day that you use it. We are trying to figure out if we need 3 or 4 days on an upcoming Holland America cruise.

Thanks. What I mean is, just as an example, if you bought a one day pass, would it only be good for that one calendar day even if you bought and first used it at 3 PM or would it be good until 3 PM the next day (for an actual 24 hour period) or just through the end at midnight of the actual calendar day that you use it. We are trying to figure out if we need 3 or 4 days on an upcoming Holland America cruise.

It will only be good for that calendar day. Not a 24 hour period.

Don't know if they are doing it this year but last year they gave us a free one day pass the first day when we got off the Veendam in Hamilton. The idea was we would use it to go to St. George although you could use it anywhere.

The passes are good for a calendar day. The first time you use your pass, the attendant punches out the day of the week. If it is a two day pass, you have to use it two days in a row. You cannot use it on the first and third day. I am not sure if they even offer a four day pass. The longest I have seen is a three day pass for $28. We usually get a two day and do our travels the first two days and then hang around the Dockyard on the sail away day of a three day stay. Has always worked out for us.

Don't we all. Three months would be wonderful for a true Bermuda Lover. I am headed back this year but just for one day. This will be the fourth year in a row that my feet have touched the beautiful island of Bermuda. Can't wait even if it is only for a few hours. We are planning a celebration for next year, our 50th Anniversary, and hoping to get our whole family for a week's cruise to Bermuda. I want all of my kids and grandkids to love her as much as I do.

Thank you for all the comments and clarification. We will get a 4 day pass this time and maybe be able to take advantage of a longer one in the future.

They do not give you a one day pass if you are on the Veendam. I think they only did that last year when they had to Skip the stop in St. George's. Assuming you are on the Veendam, you won't want to go far on that last day since all aboard is at 12 noon. That 2 pm departure advertised is misleading--it's more like the time they leave Bermuda waters after waiting for some late passengers. On our cruise, 5 people who decided to take a bus to the beach could have been left behind but fortunately the ship waited. The bus service is good, but the farther away you are from Hamilton, the less likely you are to have an on-time bus. The buses tend to pile up with the leading bus picking up all the passengers and the next bus catching up to it so you have 2 close together then a very long wait between.

Anyway, we opted to save our Hamilton sightseeing and shopping for the 4th day in Hamilton and just got a 3 day pass.

Anyway, we opted to save our Hamilton sightseeing and shopping for the 4th day in Hamilton and just got a 3 day pass.

I agree. It does not make sense to get a four day pass. Even if you decide to take a bus the last day you can just buy tokens for that morning. You are not going to be taking more than one rt.

I agree. It does not make sense to get a four day pass. Even if you decide to take a bus the last day you can just buy tokens for that morning. You are not going to be taking more than one rt.

Thank you to everyone who posted for your wonderful advice. We have settled on getting a 3 day pass and exploring Hamilton on our last day so as to be sure and not miss the ship! We really appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Cruise Critic is a wonderful service.

Archived