Offering Tallinn Advice

Thanks to all who have provided such great info on this thread! We will be visiting in early June and have purchased the 6 hour Tallinn card designed for cruise passengers. I understand from their website that not all the sites/attractions offered on the other cards(24 h 48 h etc.) are included. Does anyone know what sites/attractions are excluded? Any thoughts on the KGB Museum? Also, I need to pick up the card at the TI in town. Is it fairly easy to get to? I am guessing the public transportation is included as well even though it appears we will not need it but is there a bus that goes to/from the port? Thanks to anyone who can assist me and looking forward to our visit.

Dolfans from Miami

We will be visiting in early June and have purchased the 6 hour Tallinn card designed for cruise passengers.

Dolfans from Miami

Hi Dolfans,

It is my understanding that the 6 hour card is no longer for sale.

Did you receive different info from the Tallinn TI? Their website no longer lists it for sale.

Also, quoted from website below:

"The six-hours Tallinn card is no longer in use"

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/good_for_business/?doc=69177

jill

Hi Dolfans,

It is my understanding that the 6 hour card is no longer for sale.

Did you receive different info from the Tallinn TI? Their website no longer lists it for sale.

Also, quoted from website below:

"The six-hours Tallinn card is no longer in use"

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/good_for_business/?doc=69177

jill

I am so glad you caught this, Jill! I purchased the 6 hour card back in December from a third party vendor (on a whim, of course, which I should really know better)! :eek: I received a voucher number and location where to redeem it which is the TI office in town. I have contacted them to get more info and have requested a refund. I hope they do not give me any problems! :mad: It is funny because when you use the tool on the Tallinn City Card website to add up the sites you plan on visiting, they still have the option for the 6 hour card.:confused: I now come out a little under by purchasing the 24 hour card but I think that between exchange fees and convenience wise it should be worth it. Thoughts?

I am so glad you caught this, Jill! I purchased the 6 hour card back in December from a third party vendor (on a whim, of course, which I should really know better)! :eek: I received a voucher number and location where to redeem it which is the TI office in town. I have contacted them to get more info and have requested a refund. I hope they do not give me any problems! :mad: It is funny because when you use the tool on the Tallinn City Card website to add up the sites you plan on visiting, they still have the option for the 6 hour card.:confused: I now come out a little under by purchasing the 24 hour card but I think that between exchange fees and convenience wise it should be worth it. Thoughts?

Hmmm... Perhaps the 6 hour card is still viable. I have no clue.

We bought the 24 hour. When we disembarked, we headed through the gauntlet of souvenir kiosks. At the beginning of the "gauntlet" there was a small TI kiosk ... this is where we purchased our Tallinn card (we did have to go to the TI to pick-up our audio guides).

There were HOHO buses at the pier.

The walk to old town is easy (about 15 mins).

Here is a link to the google map of the route we followed from the pier to Fat Margaret's Tower. It also includes the route from Fat Margaret's to the TI office.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210135969556655129022.0004d522de0fd9e437d35&msa=0&ll=59.441879,24.756103&spn=0.005324,0.01929

From the ship, you will see the spire of St. Olav's church. Head for the spire. :)

TallinnSpire.jpg

Also, before we left for our cruise, I contacted the TI via email & they sent me a great map of Tallinn along with some other info I had requested. You might be interested in the Tallinn City Map & the Design Map: http://www.tourism.tallinn.ee/eng/fpage/travelplanning/brochures

jill

Well, you were correct, Jill! They have discontinued the use of the 6 hour Tallinn Card. I should have passed it through here before I purchased it! Luckily, the 3rd party vendor and the TI office both responded to my emails saying that I would be refunded the money so I guess no harm no foul! Thank you so much for catching this. You know me (the fanatic planner that I am), I would have absolutely died if I got to the TI office in Tallinn and they said my vouchers were not valid!! It would have definitely thrown me for a loop and off my game completely! Thanks!

Dolfans from Miami

Archived