Dining on Aurora

dorsetlad

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Aurora. I notice that Freedom Dining is not available on this ship. However, there is a buffet restaurant called the Orangery. Can you opt to take an evening meal there instead of one of the MDR's if you want?

Brian

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Aurora. I notice that Freedom Dining is not available on this ship. However, there is a buffet restaurant called the Orangery. Can you opt to take an evening meal there instead of one of the MDR's if you want?

Brian

Yes, as the other Brian's post.

JUST MHO but the surroundings, service & food in the MDRs is good, whereas we weren't over-impressed with the Orangery.

You'll be allocated seats in a MDR anyway, so you can choose between MDR & Orangery on a daily basis.:)

Just please have the courtesy to tell your MDR waiter/tablemates if you're not planning to be there.

JB :)

Thanks for the replies, it is as I assumed it would be, but needed to be sure. I imagine we would be eating in the MDR most of the time, but there may be an occasion when our sitting time may be inconvenient for some reason or another. I do like being waited on though, rather than fighting the hordes.:)

Brian

• 1 month later...

There is also the cafe bordeaux which charges a supplement for evening meals. It's a Marco Pier White restaurant

Cafe bordeaux breakfast and lunches are inclusive. It's where we love to eat. Eggs Benedict for breakfast and some really nice soups and a crusty roll for lunch. Other dishes are available. ;)

The MDR's are very good, but it's all a bit frantic at times. We used Cafe Bordeaux 3 times for our evening meal and it was worth the supplement. The menu is better and the waiters were very discreet, always appearing at just the right time. With subdued music and an air of calm about it we preferred Cafe Bordeaux when we wanted a bit of "us time" - we never felt hurried. Having said that, we ate in the MDR most of the time and couldn't fault the food or the staff.

Cafe Bordeaux has gone downhill since it became MPW. Terrace grill is much better especially on a warm evening and you can eat outside.

Had a lovely meal last year in New York on a very warm evening sitting outside looking across the Hudson river.

Brian

Archived