When do Excursions open up for a cruise?

SueG

I have never booked an excursion with Carnival before and I have never booked a cruise this far out. I was hoping to book a cabana on my Victory cruise in October 2013 and noticed they are not listed yet.

When can I expect the excursions to open up for this cruise?

thanks.

I have never booked an excursion with Carnival before and I have never booked a cruise this far out. I was hoping to book a cabana on my Victory cruise in October 2013 and noticed they are not listed yet.

When can I expect the excursions to open up for this cruise?

thanks.

I am cruising on the Liberty August 2013 and was wondering the same thing. Last week, I looked to see if there were any excursions available and they started to add the more popular excursions for each port I am visiting (mostly dolphin excursions and of course...none of the excursions that I want as of yet). I am told that carnival starts adding excursions weekly/monthly slowly but surely up until the 6 month mark. Just be patient and look back weekly. I hope this helps!

Helen

I've had some of them be available a year in advance and others not until a couple of months prior to sailing.

It just depends on when they need to renew contracts or enter into new ones. And I've had some be there, disappear, and then reappear at the same price.

There are no hard and fast rules.

The only time I book with Carnival is when you can't do so independently (like the horseback ride and swim in Grand Turk or things at HMC).

And it is also possible that some of the Carnival excursions shown for a particular port of call may not even be available on your particular sailing. Something like a cabana should be. But a year-and-a-half is probably way early to be booking.

What port is that for? Oh, you must be talking about after she moves to Miami! HMC, right?

There's a long thread on the Private Islands POC board and HMC. Some have said they've been able to book a year in advance, others haven't.

It just seems to vary. And on Carnival, unlike HAL, you cannot reserve a specific cabana. You have to go to the excursion desk when you board and ask for the one you want and hope someone hasn't beaten you to it.

The last two times I had a cabana on HMC I had to wait until I got to the pier. So,I guess I will just keep checking and see. I am not too worried about getting the one I want because that will be the second leg of my B2B and I will already be on the ship.

thank you all for your help.

Not sure when they open up, but if you have a strong interest in a certain excursion, and it's a popular one, they usually sell out fast. So it's best you book before you actually go on your cruise.

Also if you go to Ports of Call link, you can find many private excursions that you can book in advance that are good and will cost you less money.

We are on the Carnival Miracle for an Alaska cruise in Sept, 2013. I tried to book the Tracy Arm Glacier Excursion in June. I was told by Carnival in an e-mail; that reservations would probably not be available until after the first of the year. Likewise with Nick and Nora's Steakhouse. I plan to keep checking the Carnival website periodically in order to book early and get the ones that we want.

We will be on the Valor in March of 2013 and the excursions for our itinerary are still not available yet. Carnival told me 120 to 160 days prior to our cruise. They said about 80% should be loaded at that time. I still keep checking periodically just in case!!! :)

Archived