Opinions, PLEASE ---

Anyone own the Easy Lite Deluxe, Lexus Lite or the Elite Easy Travel scooter ??? Would appreciate your thoughts on ease of use, portability, strength and travel distance of batteries and the comfort of the seat. Thanks.

Unfortunately, think you're going to have the same issue as you had with the Luggie of not being able to check one out and test ride before purchasing as these also seem to be only sold on line. Have never found a brick and motar retailer in my area that sells them.

For what it's worth this link will give you approximate mileage and other specification info: http://www.planetmobility.com/store/scooters/planet/easy-light-deluxe/index.html

Edited by xxoocruiser

I have a Tzora Easy Travel Classic (as well as a Travelscoot). Both are easy to fold up and store. I keep the Easy Travel at the office and use the Travelscoot for shopping as it is far easier for me to lift in and out of my PriusV5 wagon without folding it up. I am sure I could do the same with the Tzora if I broke it down. The Tzora seat is VERY comfortable, much better than the Travelscoot. Tzora is much better at taking steep ramps/hills and can travel over a lawn where the Travelscoot does not do well on grass or on steep ramps. On our recent Alaska cruise I took the Tzora and it made the steep gangways onto the ship very well. I am not sure of the distance I got but I never had to charge more than daily and we did a lot of touring. A second batter runs about $250 and fits in the underseat basket nicely if you want one for extra "insurance".

Edited by nieciez

Thank You !!!!!!!! I had posted my ??? several days ago and was about to give up any hope of comments !! I have found one online company (http://www.summiteasy.com) that will ship the Tzora scooters FREE --- but I will need to pay the return shipping if it doesn't work out for DH. They also sell "reconditioned" scooters.

Thank you for your comments about the Travelscoot --- my DH is about 280 # but after his spinal surgery --- tends to be a little off balance at times, especially when standing up --- I think the Tzora scooters would be safer and more stable to use. Also, great info about the seat --- I know that would be very important to him.

Edited by HamburgAvonLady

my DH is about 280 # but after his spinal surgery --- tends to be a little off balance at times, especially when standing up --- I think the Tzora scooters would be safer and more stable to use. Also, great info about the seat --- I know that would be very important to him.

I agree, the Tzora would be a much better fit than the Travelscoot. Your decision would be between the three models. One has the motor in the wheel (the one with one large wheel) The other two models are two wheels side by side. The Classic (which I have) has the motor in the front just behind those two front wheels and the other has the motor on the back between the rear wheels just under the basket. I don't know how these differences might make a difference in the drive. You might want to call Summit and talk to them to find out what they might recommend. They've been very helpful with me on the phone.

Edited to add: When you get your Tzora, don't be discourage while learning to fold/unfold. Once you get the "knack" it is quite easy! Practice makes perfect!

Edited by nieciez

Thank You !!!!!!!! I had posted my ??? several days ago and was about to give up any hope of comments !! I have found one online company (www.summiteasy.com) that will ship the Tzora scooters FREE --- but I will need to pay the return shipping if it doesn't work out for DH. They also sell "reconditioned" scooters.

Thank you for your comments about the Travelscoot --- my DH is about 280 # but after his spinal surgery --- tends to be a little off balance at times, especially when standing up --- I think the Tzora scooters would be safer and more stable to use. Also, great info about the seat --- I know that would be very important to him.

Other big differences between the Tzora scooters and the Travelscoot are:

• The Travelscoot does NOT have a reverse gear. You have to use your own foot power to back up in reverse.
  • The Tzora scooter has flat foot bed whereas the the Travel scoot has only 2 pegs ( similar in size and width of handle bars ) to place your feet making it difficult for anyone with strength balance issues .

• 2 years later...
I have a Tzora Easy Travel Classic (as well as a Travelscoot). Both are easy to fold up and store. I keep the Easy Travel at the office and use the Travelscoot for shopping as it is far easier for me to lift in and out of my PriusV5 wagon without folding it up. I am sure I could do the same with the Tzora if I broke it down. The Tzora seat is VERY comfortable, much better than the Travelscoot. Tzora is much better at taking steep ramps/hills and can travel over a lawn where the Travelscoot does not do well on grass or on steep ramps. On our recent Alaska cruise I took the Tzora and it made the steep gangways onto the ship very well. I am not sure of the distance I got but I never had to charge more than daily and we did a lot of touring. A second batter runs about $250 and fits in the underseat basket nicely if you want one for extra "insurance".

are you still happy with your tzora easy travel classic? it's confusing choosing between the different tzora travel scooters.