government fees added on?

spazilla1

Does any body know if the gov't fees and taxes are included as part of the per person fare up front at the time you are picking the room?

(on other lines they include them separately and add on to the pp rate)

:o

Does any body know if the gov't fees and taxes are included as part of the per person fare up front at the time you are picking the room?

(on other lines they include them separately and add on to the pp rate)

:o

I guess it depends on where you look, but when I've gotten a room quote it's always included the port fees and taxes (NCL.com, travel agent sites, etc). I find this to be a pleasant difference between cruise and airline quotes. What's not included in the up front quote is the Daily Service Charge (DSC) of $12 per day/person which takes the place of the old tipping envelopes.

Thanks! We are going to be 1st time cruisers with NCL but I was a little anxious about that $400+ price initially (especially if thy tack on another $200 for "gas") but I did the Math and found that actually for the same length of cruise we would be getting the better deal with NCL. Yes the gratuities I would pay separate and any special excusions which we may book. thanks for coming to my rescue DH will be very pleased. :)

Yea...when you first look at the NCL pricing web site and see the various room types listed with their respective price per person, that does not include the fees. But when you then select a room (and do a dummy booking as previous poster said) the total is then presented.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. That's what I meant. When you get a "quote" it's included. If you're just looking at an ad or listing that says "$999" you generally have to add taxes & fees to that. As an example, I just did a mock price for a $999 fare to AK and $190 in fees and taxes were added to that when priced out.

Archived