Golden Alaska Most traveled luncheon or skywalkers?

Luvsprincess

I have never heard of Captain Lubrano. New Captain?
From the precruise e-mail we received:

"Captain Lubrano gained experience with various marine companies before proudly joining Princess Cruises in 1990. He worked his way up through the ranks onboard and achieved his ultimate goal of becoming Captain 16 years later. He has since taken command of five ships in the Princess fleet and even had the great honor of debuting Royal Princess in the spring of 2007. He has also been Captain of Pacific Princess, Dawn Princess, Ocean Princess and now, Golden Princess."

Looks like he has been a Captain on Princess for six years, mostly on the small ships.

From the precruise e-mail we received:

"Captain Lubrano gained experience with various marine companies before proudly joining Princess Cruises in 1990. He worked his way up through the ranks onboard and achieved his ultimate goal of becoming Captain 16 years later. He has since taken command of five ships in the Princess fleet and even had the great honor of debuting Royal Princess in the spring of 2007. He has also been Captain of Pacific Princess, Dawn Princess, Ocean Princess and now, Golden Princess."

Looks like he has been a Captain on Princess for six years, mostly on the small ships.

Thanks! That is probably why I haven't heard of him (small ships).

Hope he is a great Captain!

I did 1 contract on the Golden. Capt Lubrano is a very nice guy, kind of youngish looking, BEAUTIFUL wife.... reminds me of a soccer player.

I was also with Calabrese... AMAZING captain, he could handle the ship like it was the Ferrari of ships... all the bridge would attest to that as well.

I did 1 contract on the Golden. Capt Lubrano is a very nice guy, kind of youngish looking, BEAUTIFUL wife.... reminds me of a soccer player.

I was also with Calabrese... AMAZING captain, he could handle the ship like it was the Ferrari of ships... all the bridge would attest to that as well.

I was also impressed with Captain Calabrese's skill... we were the first to leave Juneau and we had to push away from the dock which necessarily made us head directly toward the Celebrity ship that was anchored... I bet there were a few nervous people there watching the Golden approach... but we moved away in time. And then in Victoria, he docked the ship aft first. We were in Skywalkers having a drink at the Elite/Platinum lounge and I was concerned that we were headed toward a collision with the dock... but all was well.

What position were you in?

I was also impressed with Captain Calabrese's skill... we were the first to leave Juneau and we had to push away from the dock which necessarily made us head directly toward the Celebrity ship that was anchored... I bet there were a few nervous people there watching the Golden approach... but we moved away in time. And then in Victoria, he docked the ship aft first. We were in Skywalkers having a drink at the Elite/Platinum lounge and I was concerned that we were headed toward a collision with the dock... but all was well.

I really like Captain Calabrese. He has a pretty strong accent but is one of the nicest Captains out there. He has a heart of gold and is always out speaking with passengers and crew (in addition to being a great Captain).

Archived