HAL cruiser considering Carnival

matondo

To celebrate the graduation of our DD from college, DH and I would like to take her and a friend on a cruise. DD has been on HAL with us in the past and she was hoping to go with something that had a bit more "life". DH is not excited about another cruise line. I am trying to entice him to try it for DD sake. Are there any perks for 2 star mariners from HAL on a Carnival cruise?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

It used to be that you'd qualify for the past guest rate when booking with Carnival. No other perks though, as the loyalty programs are completely independent of each other. Carnival just recently revamped their loyalty program and the the past guest rate works differently now, so I'm not sure how that would work in your case. Might want to give them a call to check.

DH and I are going the other way around - trying HAL for the first time in 2 weeks. I can get back to you with comparisons after that ;):)

Anyone can get the VIPF rate .. even a first time cruiser who just signed up for the loyalty program. Its the old past guest rate .. and not that good of a rate.

OP, Magic and Breeze are much more beautiful than some of the other ships that they used to decorate crazy. Magic has a lot of Emerald Green and just gorgeous. Try a 9C corner aft wrap if you can get one.

Nothing wrong with Carnival.

Archived