Price Drop Question for Groups

I booked a group through a friend who's a part-time TA. It's my first group and she doesn't do a lot of cruises... I just figured it would be nice for everybody to have someone to call to book.

On to my question. I want to keep an eye out for price drops (I have LOTS of time left as you can tell by my counter) but the fare viewer doesn't show group prices. Can I take a screen shot of the regular price and get a drop? Or do I go elsewhere?

Thanks so much!

Oh my .. I hope you dont regret it.. I hope the TA doesnt mind losing commission and doing a lot of extra work to make less money. Many TAs just dont co-operate. Did you ask her how she feels about price drops, any fees, etc?

If you booked a group price, you have to add in the extra price to step up to the perks, if you got group perks. I think its like $17 a point, but I avoid group prices like the plague and think you might have really done your friends more harm than good. Why would you recommend a nonexperienced group TA to your friends?? Just because she was a good friend? Now my PVP, I would recommend in a minute .. because I know she will not lose money if the price drops and is such a hard worker.

Watch the prices and add in the money to step up to the group price, and you can price match .. but unless you give up any perks you cant just price match to regular prices you see advertised.

Since we were going to have at least eight cabins, I wanted to do the group and get a free berth. Which we're going to split among the eight. I didn't realize until afterward that I could do a group straight through Carnival. Thought I had to use a TA.

But I did the math. With taxes and fees, a couple will pay $1,370.12 compared to $1,408 for that same class of cabin not in a group.

My TA booked it as a favor to me, so she will not have a problem doing the work for price drops and taking the commission cut.

Usually the free berth is the cruise fare for ONE cruisefare, not both in the cabin, minus the NCFS, the embedded port fees of the most commonly booked fare.

Have you asked the TA how much you will actually get back for this free berth? Im thinking it might be a lot less than you figure. The usual protocol is to send this money in the form of a check after the cruise.

You dont even get one whole cruisefare when they say free berth. I hope your TA went thru all the numbers on this... glad you are happy with the price.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

A free berth = one person. Not a free cabin. And it's $440.

divided by 8 cabins - 16 people = 27.50

the free berth is cruise fare for the cabins that you sold the most in.. so if you have 8 cabins-- 3 of which are balcony 4 inside cabins and once oceanview-- you are going to be rebated back the price of the inside cabin (cruise fare only)

Some groups will not get that money back until 6-8 weeks AFTER the cruise.

So make sure you are getting what you are expecting.

As a group you will not be entitled to any fare reductions after final payment and that is when the prices usually do come down.

Early saver rate- although comes with penalties is cheaper then a group rate even with counting in amenities.

what happens to the price if only 7 cabins go?

Groups can also book ES and price reductions like everyone else. If you book through a TA then the TA will have to submit the forms. Not everyone in the group has to book the same category of cabins and not everyone has to book ES. You just follow the prices for each cabin and take the appropriate action. If the prices go up on some cabins then you know you already booked the best price. If the prices come down on only some cabin types, then those are the ones that get the OBC or price difference if before final payment.

We did a short 3 day cruise and our difference from group ES to regular ES was $11 total per person. For this we received a one hour cocktail party with dry snacks, a bottle of wine, and tote bags.

We also received the amount of the free berth, which we divided among all guests, as OBC on the ship. You just have to arrange that ahead of time. It is for the amount of the base price of one berth in the category that you have the most booked.

Archived