Flight from southampton

jimpod

We will be coming in to Southampton following a Transatlantic on the Caribbean Princess next May. Princess would not book our flights from Glasgow and we will need to make our own arrangements to get home from the port. Can anyone tell me if booking a flight from Southampton Airport for 12.20 would be okay - not sure how long it will take for us to get off the ship and then get to the airport. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm sure someone will answer who has real facts; I can only say that we always self- disembark from ships in Southampton at around 7.30am, take a taxi to the station for either the 8.15 or 9.15 train north.....the first stop is at the airport, probably 15 minutes later. If you took a taxi directly to the airport, or caught a train, then you should have ample time.

Wait for someone who has fuller instructions....:rolleyes: ;)

Jo.

12:20 flight will be fine. Fastest and most convenient transfer would be taxi from ship to airport (drive time 20-30 mins). Alternatively, taxi to railway station and train or Unilink bus to airport (journey time about 10 mins by train or 30 mins by bus).

Be sure that you are familiar with Flybe baggage allowance weight and size limits to avoid extortionate excess charges. Southampton check-in staff tend to be strict about this.

Enjoy your cruise ;)

Archived