Dawn in New York

:confused: Can anyone tell me why the dawn is still in New York I thought she was to sail today something about a chartered cruise whatever that is?

I can ;) It is a business charter - the first night they have guest speakers who get off before the ship departs. Relax two 3 day cruises to nowhere- no hurry

896867651_DawnNYC509.jpg.7dbc8c9fec4e39a2d28b523b9e43b0d2.jpg

I'm scheduled for the second of these two, looking forward to it!

Anyone (read, "shoreguy") know if cell phones typically work?

Also, I'm not scheduled for a hosted dinner one night, what are the dining options/expectations? I similarly have a free breakfast, can I order room service?

I'm scheduled for the second of these two, looking forward to it!

Anyone (read, "shoreguy") know if cell phones typically work?

Also, I'm not scheduled for a hosted dinner one night, what are the dining options/expectations? I similarly have a free breakfast, can I order room service?

They will find you a dinner and breakfast meeting once you board. We were anchored of Atlantic City and cell phones worked at least on deck and the side of the ship facing AC. Those with Sprint had an issue but Verizon and AT&T/Cingular no issue.

I can ;) It is a business charter - the first night they have guest speakers who get off before the ship departs. Relax two 3 day cruises to nowhere- no hurry

What kind of companies have these cruise's? Is it just one company or many different ones that go?

What kind of companies have these cruise's? Is it just one company or many different ones that go?

This charter is a company called Richmond Events - four different forums onboard with lots of companies represented. Legal. Financial, Logistics, and CIO forums. Vendors pay big bucks, clients are invited.

This charter is a company called Richmond Events - four different forums onboard with lots of companies represented. Legal. Financial, Logistics, and CIO forums. Vendors pay big bucks, clients are invited.

Boy they must pay a bundle for the use of the ship so they sail around to nowhere and have meeting for the 3 days. Thank you for your replies I have just never heard of something like this happening.

Boy they must pay a bundle for the use of the ship so they sail around to nowhere and have meeting for the 3 days. Thank you for your replies I have just never heard of something like this happening.

Are you ready for the QE2 we paided 20K for 3 days - I did get to eat in the Queens Grille :)

Are you ready for the QE2 we paided 20K for 3 days - I did get to eat in the Queens Grille :)

We, meaning your company paid 20K to sail around probably in circles for 3 days on the QE2 I hope it was worth it. Though I would of like to have seen her. Do you actually sit there and have meetings all day long? do you have any fun in those 3 days or is it all WORK WORK WORK???

We, meaning your company paid 20K to sail around probably in circles for 3 days on the QE2 I hope it was worth it. Though I would of like to have seen her. Do you actually sit there and have meetings all day long? do you have any fun in those 3 days or is it all WORK WORK WORK???

work, work , work

8 am Breakfast - six clients

9-12 Every half hour 20 minute one on one meetings

12:30 Lunch - six clients

2-5pm Every half hour 20 minute one on one meetings

5:30 - 6:30 - meeting

7:30 dinner 6 clients

10 pm - relax :eek:

Day two see above

work, work , work

8 am Breakfast - six clients

9-12 Every half hour 20 minute one on one meetings

12:30 Lunch - six clients

2-5pm Every half hour 20 minute one on one meetings

5:30 - 6:30 - meeting

7:30 dinner 6 clients

10 pm - relax :eek:

Day two see above

I guess it is work work work but what better place then on the QE2. Sounds very regimented tell me do they have "lights out" at 11 (LOL). Dinner in the Queens Grill Isn't that the dining room for the upper class suite patrons. Just like the Titanic first second and steerage. So 1912. Thank you Shoreguy you are very knowledgable. Now I know where to go to when I need an answer to all of my cruise questions.

I guess it is work work work but what better place then on the QE2. Sounds very regimented tell me do they have "lights out" at 11 (LOL). Dinner in the Queens Grill Isn't that the dining room for the upper class suite patrons. Just like the Titanic first second and steerage. So 1912.

Still 3 classes of service on the QE2 - Queens Grill is almost cook to order - worth the pain.

It is highly scheduled .... I'm on the client side, not the vendor side, but I expect that the trip will be very focused. There is some great CLE (continuing legal education), that we get state credit for, which I think is a big draw for the attorneys participating. They have quite an impressive list of general counsel, asst. general counsel, and so on, that I think the vendors who foot the bill probably feel it is a good opportunity.

It is highly scheduled .... I'm on the client side, not the vendor side, but I expect that the trip will be very focused. There is some great CLE (continuing legal education), that we get state credit for, which I think is a big draw for the attorneys participating. They have quite an impressive list of general counsel, asst. general counsel, and so on, that I think the vendors who foot the bill probably feel it is a good opportunity.

does everyone have to pay their own way or it it paid for by your companies

The Dawn is out of here :D

Shoreguy, How are you getting such great pictures? Do you live or work around there? Owesome! I also believe your obsessed. ;)

Sorry, but I know the feeling. My husband and I were on our 1st Dawn cruise in Dec 2004. On Sunday we are leaving again on her and again in Sept. 2005. It's kidda sickening!:rolleyes: We need to get a real life!

Shoreguy, How are you getting such great pictures? Do you live or work around there? Owesome! I also believe your obsessed. ;)

Sorry, but I know the feeling. My husband and I were on our 1st Dawn cruise in Dec 2004. On Sunday we are leaving again on her and again in Sept. 2005. It's kidda sickening!:rolleyes: We need to get a real life!

It is a secret but I will share it with you. Don't show this to anyone else :D

Emipire State Building Cam:

ESB WEBCAM

Shoreguy - I was using the camera at the same time as you were yesterday. I hope I didn't get you all fouled up as I tried to get the camera to follow the ship!:( I was having quite a time getting the south cam to follow the ship along the river. What a thrill it was to actually be home while she was sailing out - and have the ability to watch it all the way from New Hampshire! :D

Archived