Price after Early Saver period?

Barnes11

We are going on the Dream on December 8th, and have an interior room booked, but are considering changing to an oceanview. We are only 4 days away from the 5 months before the cruise period when the Early Saver discount is offered. Does anyone know if there are usually price changes once the cruise is inside the time frame of when the early saver period ends? For example will the past guest rate tend to go up or down, or stay the same?

If anyone could say up or down .. if down, they would just wait to book, its the unknown that causes people to book ES.

Some never get price drops .. some dont sell well and do.

I have gotten some awesome deals in December and January last minute .. so good chance down... but hard to say for a specific cruise.

I agree with FF but seeing that you are cruising in early December they are usually slow weeks for cruising and you have a good chance of a reduction.

That's not a guarantee that it will go down but just my past experience seeing how low cruises in December go SOMETIMES!

Bill

My next cruise sets sail in late October which is considered a slow time for cruise lines [kids in school] so the prices are usually cheaper AND it is more likely that the prices will drop. I book at the ES rate and already I had one drop before the ES cutoff and one after for a total of $100 off of my cabin rate. I check the carnival fare viewer at least once a day and I've noticed the prices recently went back up. I am anticipating that the prices will drop a couple more times before my cruise leaves...

You can either go with an upgrade or get the price drop only if you haven't paid in full. After that point, I believe you can only upgrade or get an OBC.

Archived