Coxen hole question

CENTEX CRUISER

We have docked there twice, and the place was buzzing. I see on another thread it looks abandoned. So are there several months out of the year that it is not used ? Seems like a cruise line besides CCL , which docks at Mahogany, would be calling on Roatan ?

Just to be clear Coxen Hole the town has not been abandoned, the cruise ship dock looks to be so by some people.

I was under the impression there were renovations being done. I do not have any offical word just a rumor like so many bouncing about the island. :)

Our Bodden tour guide said he has seen no work at all ever since the pier closed.

He is anxious for it to open. I am guessing maybe other ships don't call on Roatan right now.

Someone on my roll call took a video of Coxen hole the last week of June. Her name is mamallamaanddaddy (something like that.). Her video is on the current last page. I'll link it in a minute.

ETA: the video doesn't show the Coxen hole port.

We have been here for the last week (leaving today) staying at Infinity Bay.

The dock is supposed to be being worked on but we did not see any activity there the few times we drove by. Coxen Hole, the town, is very busy as many many locals live and work there.

Royal Caribbean does not cruise here in the summer (their ships go to Europe)

So, the only cruise ships coming in this week were Carnival and that was one on Wed and one on Thurs. and they go to Mahogany Bay (and I think many stay there for the day) Sad tho since the island is so incredibly beautiful.

While it is LOW season, the locals here have told us that for low season it has been pretty busy. Many mainland Hondurans here as well as from the States and even some from Europe etc.

I visited here on a cruise March 2011 and it was ALOT more crowded on West Bay beach so this week has been nice as not deserted but not crazy crowded either.

Archived