Great Stirrup Cay

GSC is Norwegian's private island. There are no private excursions.

Exactly right! I would recommend renting a clamshell (can only be reserved on board...$29.99). A slice of shade and nice loungers. Just make sure to pick one with ventilation when you arrive at the beach!

So...Great Stirrup Cay is Norwegians personal Island. No private excursions...hmmm. Hows the snorkeling from shore? Whats available for use? Do any other ships come in or is it just for Norwegian cruise line?

My DH snorkeled from shore in May..said it was very good..! You can rent equipement on the island

No other ships use the island..there is an island "next door"-(totally separate)--and you may see a Royal Carribean ship tendering to there..

So...Great Stirrup Cay is Norwegians personal Island. No private excursions...hmmm. Hows the snorkeling from shore? Whats available for use? Do any other ships come in or is it just for Norwegian cruise line?

They have a volley ball net and ping pong table. A lot of loungers on the beach, hammocks and tables with chairs in the shade. They do a very decent barbaque lunch. They may have added more during the expansion.

Yes, Great Stirrup Cay is NCL's private island. They actually were the first cruise line to have a private island. Next door is Coco Cay, which is an RCCL property.

Here is a link for you to explain what is available at GSC.

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

We found the snorkeling to be pretty good. We always bring our own so that we can use it whenever we want. Just buy sets from your local sporting goods store, they aren't too pricey, and best of all is that you are the first and only to use them! You will LOVE the Island, it is so much fun!

I have always brought my own snorkeling gear and never needed a vest or been reprimanded for not wearing one. I will not also that last cruise a European women went topless and was scolded for doing so. There is a trail to a light house you can walk and just explore the island.

Archived