Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

Same email I received except for, of course, a different date.

If the practice of allowing guests to requests numbers via email stops, then I am extra appreciative of the advice on this thread.

Me too!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Wow Debi sending huge virtual hug because I would never have attempted a request before embarkation were it not for your post!

Sent request for #15 as bf and I felt cabana was only worth the $ if we could be down on the quieter end of beach....was confirmed within a couple of hours of sending and we are sooooooo psyched for our 1st trip to HMC!

thank you thank you thank you

Tina

Thanks - I can feel the love :)

I know a lot of folks have asked if we have ever had an issue once onboard - no we have not, we have gotten the requested cabana every time. I do print out my email just in case something were to happen but it never has.......

I guess with everybody emailing the shore excursion desk with specific request. Carnival has added this note in the description box of the rental cabanas.

NOTE: Specific cabana requests will not be accepted via email. Cabana requests may only be made on board the ship on embarkation day at the Shore Excursion Desk. Requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Once onboard, please see Shore Excursion Staff to advise of your preferences (sodas, snorkeling equipment sizes).

I guess we overwhelmed them with all the request now they're putting a stop to it.

After readi.g the first 3 pages and it was all things cabanas i just couldnt read anymore so i am sorry if these quwstions have been asked/answered on pages 4-5.

Has anyone done the stingray excursion?

is there snorkel gear to rent without doing an excursion? How much?

How much are floating mats to rent?

Thanks!

Hi Jo.

We are on the same 9/01/12 Fascination cruise and I also emailed Carnival a few days ago to request a cabana assignment. I was lucky enough to snag #11 so guess we will be neighbors! See you on HMC! :D

~Helen~

YAY!!!! Fantastic!! We have a roll call thread going...come join us... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1595920

See you there... and congrats on snagging the Cabana. :)

We will be going back to HMC for the second time and I cannot wait! Booking a cabana is way out of our budget and last time we were there, it appeared there was plenty of shade trees.

So, my question is, is there anything else, besides a cabana, that is a "must do"? How was the bar that they built? It wasnt there when we went in 2007.

You are quite welcome, I am sure not a lot of people do it - we got the tip from our PVP who we have used for eight years :)

Let's hope they don't stop it now since all of us know about it ;)

Can you give me your pvp's name? Mine is no longer there and I don't want just anybody? Thanks!

Can you give me your pvp's name? Mine is no longer there and I don't want just anybody? Thanks!

Absolutely - I don't think I can put his name on the boards......ext 85423

He has always been so helpful, kind and has been with Carnival for nine years!

If you have any other questions, I can email you

_______

Debi

• 2 months later...

Can anyone use those beach chairs (the loungers physically ON the beach) in front of the cabanas or are they all reserved for cabana renters? I also saw hammocks in the videos posted. Are those exclusively for cabana renters?

Finally, does anyone have a picture of the clamshell I've been reading about? Anyone ever use one? Should it be reserved in advance?

Thanks so much.

Was at Half Moon Cay on 9/13...had Cabana #13....WOW..is like the best decription...worth the bucks...had plenty of munchies and refreshments..walked over to the food area and brought back lunch...the beach is just great and plenty of toys for all to enjoy...:cool:

Was recently at half moon caye. I had a cabana booked and cancelled it...it was a lot of money for 2 people, but if I had a larger group it would be nice to have one. We just found a nice shady spot and were fine. I would eat early, and park your stuff way down the beach where there are a lot less people. It was a great great great day.

I noticed I went around noon and there were no lines for food...went back with DH a little later and lines were crazy everywhere. We were on the Destinty, which holds a lot of people. We went back early to avoid any crowds, but still had a great beach day. So beautiful!

We had a Cabana for three of us at the end of May and it was amazing! ***we had #12 (yellow) it was out of the crowds, but still close enough to the bathroom and food***

keep in mind it includes

8 soft drinks

2 large bottles of water

4 float mats

4 sets of snorkel equipment

4 towels

Fruit platter

Chips and Salsa

2 padded loungers

table with 4 padded chairs

AC

Fan with mister

Shower

Tram service to drop you off an pick you up (just let them know what time you want picked up)

PRIORITY TENDERING!!! - you don't have to wait in line for the tender tickets, you just take your cabana pass and go whenever you want -if there is a line, Carnival will take you to the front of the line with the VIP's

My other half and I are going again in November and I reserved our cabana immediately

We've got ours reserved for November....MAN I CANNOT WAIT!!

Was recently at half moon caye. I had a cabana booked and cancelled it...it was a lot of money for 2 people, but if I had a larger group it would be nice to have one. We just found a nice shady spot and were fine. I would eat early, and park your stuff way down the beach where there are a lot less people. It was a great great great day.

I noticed I went around noon and there were no lines for food...went back with DH a little later and lines were crazy everywhere. We were on the Destinty, which holds a lot of people. We went back early to avoid any crowds, but still had a great beach day. So beautiful!

It will be just the two of us as well and we're not renting a cabana.

I'm curious if you were able to use the loungers and hammocks near the cabanas or if those were only for cabana renters?

ok this thread was titled "must do's at HMC'. I would like to know about all the other things (besides the cabanas) there as well. As much as I would like a cabana it probably wont happen this time. I have read 10 pages about the cabanas. There must be more than those.

Can someone tell me about the other things they have there and the costs????

So I have read some people saying that renting a cabana is the must-do thing in HMC. Anyone had any experiences renting them or pictures to share? $230 seems rather steep for a small hut but we are considering doing it because of what some have said. What about which one to pick? Any cabana better than another? When do you pick which one you want? I'd like to have a hammock near by to lay in too. I've always wanted to lay in one so that would be a huge plus!

Any advice you give will be greatly appreciated!

HMC is such a nice spot. For me, just laying on the beach, wandering around getting pictures and enjoying paradise is enough for me.

ok this thread was titled "must do's at HMC'. I would like to know about all the other things (besides the cabanas) there as well. As much as I would like a cabana it probably wont happen this time. I have read 10 pages about the cabanas. There must be more than those.

Can someone tell me about the other things they have there and the costs????

Agreed. I couldn't care less about a cabana. I want to know what else there is to do. Sigh....

So far I've found the cruise-line's excursions and the ability to rent a clamshell for about $20. I've seen mention of a water park (perhaps for children), but that's it. There has to be more....

Agreed. I couldn't care less about a cabana. I want to know what else there is to do. Sigh....

So far I've found the cruise-line's excursions and the ability to rent a clamshell for about $20. I've seen mention of a water park (perhaps for children), but that's it. There has to be more....

I've done the stingray thing, it was nice. This is a small island owned by Carnival.... Not a ton of things to do here.

The best part of this place is just chillin'

Why does there have to be more? It's perfect the way it is....errrr.... Was... Before Carnival bought HAL.

Sigh is right.......

Archived