Nassau

shunt66

I get mixed reviews when investigating excursions in Nassau. We really just want to shop and snorkel. I've heard snorkeling is not worth the money for an excursion because there isn't much to see. Should we just snorkel on our own? If so, where? How do we get there? Should we just bite the bullet and pay for an excursion to the Blue Lagoon? I guess we could snorkel there. Also, should I buy everyone snorkeling equipment for the ports where we don't have a snorkeling excursion or are they easy enough to find/rent? How much for rental? Thanks!

Shopping is easily done on your own. Just walk off the ship into the shopping area!

I'm not sure there is good snorkeling off the beaches, so you will probably have to use some sort of tour.... Snorkeling excursions/tours have the equipment you'll need included in your cost...no need to buy your own.

If you opt NOT to do a tour, then you will need your own equipment.

We snorkeled once in Nassau with Barefoot Sailing. It was a great excursion on a beautiful sailboat. It was pricey, but included lunch, rum punch, equipment and lots of great snorkeling in two spots. One off Rose Island and again at a small cove that was like snorkeling in a fish tank. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived