Superior Outside vs Deluxe Outside

swiddowson

I'm booked in a category AA on Promenade Deck, Deck 5. Anyone have any photos or descriptions of a category AA on Promenade Deck 5?

It looks like the American Queen's deck plans have a contradiction between category A, AA, and AAA. Do the AAs on deck 5 have a sitting area with love seat and two chairs / ottomans as depicted in the diagram - or - are they more like the category As?

Looking at the deck plans - the AAAs look much longer than the AAs. It also looks like the AAs photo is actually the AAAs photo.

758006819_AQSCAQDeck5.jpg.3f4bcec0397ab453606d794b1232aad2.jpg

The AAA's are bigger. They are the highest designation, except fopr the LS (Luxury Suite, I assume). The AA's are smaller than the AAA's. Their main attraction is location; on the highest deck (Promenade) , or above the paddlewheel on the Observation Deck.

The A cabins cannot be compared to any of the others; they are the only ones with private veranda, and actually have two outside doors -- one is the entrance door to the inside of the ship and the other is the door to their verandas. Thus, the bathroom is just inside the entrance door.

For 2013, the designations of the "A" and "AA" cabins have been reversed. The "A" cabins will be "AA" and vice versa.

Other than that, I can't help -- we will not be aboard until August, so I haven't seen the actual cabins. But, I have a hard time deciphering the drawings, and suspect they're not to scale.

The AAA's are bigger. They are the highest designation, except fopr the LS (Luxury Suite, I assume). The AA's are smaller than the AAA's. Their main attraction is location; on the highest deck (Promenade) , or above the paddlewheel on the Observation Deck.

The A cabins cannot be compared to any of the others; they are the only ones with private veranda, and actually have two outside doors -- one is the entrance door to the inside of the ship and the other is the door to their verandas. Thus, the bathroom is just inside the entrance door.

For 2013, the designations of the "A" and "AA" cabins have been reversed. The "A" cabins will be "AA" and vice versa.

Other than that, I can't help -- we will not be aboard until August, so I haven't seen the actual cabins. But, I have a hard time deciphering the drawings, and suspect they're not to scale.

When we booked, we had our TA call to find out the size of the cabins we were interested in.

We chose the B and were told our cabin was 205 Sq. ft

Begining 2013 most of the AA rooms will have less interior space than A rooms. The company is placing a premium on private balconies. Personally, i would prefer the A staterooms with a bit more interior space, but that is just me. I would avoid the larger AA rooms right forward of the wheel on the Texas Deck. Although those rooms have a a larger amount of interior space and glass enclosed balconies, the noise and vibration can be a bit unsettling, and I'm speaking from personal experience after having stayed in the "Mark Twain Suite" which is located there.

Archived