Family room - eclipse

Newbi

Hi everyone, Can anybody tell me how many people does the family room accomodate?? And does the sitting/lounge sleep one or two???

Thank you

I have been in an FV on the Eclipse (deck 7). The main bedroom sleeps 2, then there is a small room with bunk beds sleeping 2, but be warned it is SMALL and has no natural light, so the kids might want the door propped open a little; then there is a sofa that transforms into a single bed in the lounge area, by removing the end cushions.

I have to say that I would not want to sleep on that single sofabed in the lounge as it is as hard as a rock!

Hope that helps.

Linda :)

Thanks for the reply - I were under the impression that the sofa converted into a double bed - wanted to put my toddler in her play pen in the small room - but will have to reconsider - as we are 4 adults..

Thanks again

We did it with 4 adults on Solstice, but two were my daughter (29) and her BF; they slept in the bunkbeds.

There is TONS of room for a playpen in the main lounge area, way more than you will ever use. You could put it right under the front windows, theres no furniture anywhere close.

then there is a small room with bunk beds sleeping 2, but be warned it is SMALL and has no natural light

I take it that 2nd bedroom is small--but the beds are big enough for adults?

I take it that 2nd bedroom is small--but the beds are big enough for adults?

Yes, they are two single size beds. But one will have to use the ladder. I think they would be more comfortable than the couch!

The room is as deep as the length of the bed so it touches three walls. There's a nightstand and a standard size closet and that's it.

Cathy and Frank, thanks for the info.

So the sofabed is actually a trundle--with a lower section that slides out for a second person?

Cathy and Frank, thanks for the info.

So the sofabed is actually a trundle--with a lower section that slides out for a second person?

I'm not sure because we didn't use it--but it sure didn't look like it to me. They advertise the suite for 5 people which indicates to me that only one can use the sofabed.

We actually had no issues with the one bathroom, surprisingly. We figured it out early on and the shower rotation worked great. DD and I used the dressing table a lot. Also, there are so many nice public restrooms on the ship that if we needed an extra, it was a quick ride in the elevator--there is a very nice underused facility right at the forward elevator lobby on 14 which we made use of a few times. It was just never an issue.

I'm not sure because we didn't use it--but it sure didn't look like it to me. They advertise the suite for 5 people which indicates to me that only one can use the sofabed.

We actually had no issues with the one bathroom, surprisingly. We figured it out early on and the shower rotation worked great. DD and I used the dressing table a lot. Also, there are so many nice public restrooms on the ship that if we needed an extra, it was a quick ride in the elevator--there is a very nice underused facility right at the forward elevator lobby on 14 which we made use of a few times. It was just never an issue.

I also cannot confirm our sofa/trundle bed in 8108 had the lower bed. Our trundle on the Equinox did in an SV cabin. We only had three in our FV cabin and never really looked. The one bath was not a big issue with us. Too bad they could not include at least a second sink.

Where is the connecting door (to the adjacent cabin) located inside the FV cabin? I am guessing it is located in the master bedroom but I have not seen it in any photograph....

Where is the connecting door (to the adjacent cabin) located inside the FV cabin? I am guessing it is located in the master bedroom but I have not seen it in any photograph....

The 'connecting' door is at the entry. There are no rooms on S class that open directly into each other; they share a foyer that can be closed off. Then you can leave the actual doors into the cabins open but you have to go through the foyer to get to the other one. Does that make sense?

BTW try to get one of the rooms on Deck 8--the balcony is much bigger than the one on 7.

Yes, your description makes perfect sense. Now that I have read your reply, I think I do remember reading about this connecting cabin design before--something that I have yet to see in person. Well, at least I can stop looking for the door now!

Thanks for the comment regarding balcony differences. What about room sizes? Deck plans (which can be misleading) imply that Deck 7 FV is slightly larger than 8. Photos and CC commentary suggest otherwise?

Here is a photo I took of our cabin (8108) door and the small outside foyer. It's a bit hard to see. The door to 8108 is straight in. 8106 is not visible and to the left of the door for 8108. 8104's door is visible on the left and is in the main hallway. So if you book 8108 and 8106, you can close that outside foyer door for privacy.

I also am include a photo of the bathroom.

DSCF0498.jpg.2d43199bed6d2c13d5e9320918ac9592.jpg

24.jpg.08b3228858bb865404566e1a0c4a782a.jpg

Archived