Anyone bring their Uppababy Vista?

wohoo

Has anyone brought their Uppababy Vista while cruising (apologies if this has previously been answered)? Its the first time I've travelled with the little one. She sleeps great in it & I love the UV shade so I really want to bring it with us. I fear that it will be too big to fit through doors & in the lift. Also that it could get damaged on the flight. According to the website its dimensions are 25”W x 41”H x 31”L if anyone else has a stroller of a similar size and used it. Thanks in advance for you help.

Standard door widths are 22", but you have to subtract 2" when the door is opened for the thickness of the door. Standard corridors are 40". that leavs you 15" to pass the stewards cart, other folks, and those in wheelchairs/scooters/walkers...EM

Cruising with a stroller is tough and I think it depends what cruise line you are going on. We took DS on Disney with our bugaboo (which is a large stroller) and had no problems. Everyone was really accommodating never once had a problem with people being annoyed with the size or the amount of room it was taking up in the elevator. Now I have seen the complete opposite of this on RCCL people would barge in front of strollers I even saw a confrontation about it on Explorer. On Disney I would have no problem taking any stroller on other cruise lines I would recommend finding something smaller like a Maclaren.

Strollers can get banged up on flights. I wouldn't take an expensive one unless you have a padded travel bag for it.

I've found single width strollers are usually fine around the ship as long as you're willing to wait for elevators, but only the narrowest will fit through the cabin doors, so you'd have to take the baby out and fold it up each time.

Best,

Mia

Depends on the size of your room, IMO! We brought a little stroller and it took up a fair amount of space in our balcony cabin (or the closet space when folded up). When we stayed in a JS we had loads of room for a full stroller and ample room to park it in the closet!

Archived