Can anyone explain OC open houses?

ash901

We are considering cruising on the Magic, May, 2013. My daughter will be almost 3, and my son 5. I am concerned that she will be bored/antsy on back to back sea days. I have heard that there are open houses in the Oceaneers club/lab? Is this avaliable to all ages? Is there anyway to find out the hours of open houses before sailing? I'm afraid she will be too old for the nursery. This will be our first Disney cruise and I don't know what to expect as for as entertainment for her. My son will be in heaven. No worries there.

Thanks

We are considering cruising on the Magic, May, 2013. My daughter will be almost 3, and my son 5. I am concerned that she will be bored/antsy on back to back sea days. I have heard that there are open houses in the Oceaneers club/lab? Is this avaliable to all ages? Is there anyway to find out the hours of open houses before sailing? I'm afraid she will be too old for the nursery. This will be our first Disney cruise and I don't know what to expect as for as entertainment for her. My son will be in heaven. No worries there.

Thanks

The nursery is for ages up 3. Oceaneer Club/Lab is for 3-11(or 12, I can't remember). They must also be fully potty trained. Fully potty trained in Disneyspeak means able to handle undressing/dressing, buttons, fasteners, and cleaning up after themselves. The kids club CMs are not allowed to assist in any way.

The Open Houses will alternate between the Club & Lab areas. When one area is having Open House, the other will be secured programming.

Open House is for all family members (any age). If a child is attending Open House, the parent must also be there.

The Open House hours vary cruise to cruise, day to day, but there is one every day at different times of the day.

:)

The nursery is for ages up 3. Oceaneer Club/Lab is for 3-11(or 12, I can't remember). They must also be fully potty trained. Fully potty trained in Disneyspeak means able to handle undressing/dressing, buttons, fasteners, and cleaning up after themselves. The kids club CMs are not allowed to assist in any way.

The Open Houses will alternate between the Club & Lab areas. When one area is having Open House, the other will be secured programming.

Open House is for all family members (any age). If a child is attending Open House, the parent must also be there.

The Open House hours vary cruise to cruise, day to day, but there is one every day at different times of the day.

It should read "up TO 3 years old".

We took our son to open house in the OC several times. Sometimes there we programs and sometimes it was just open for families to use. You need to stay with them, but there are CM's there also.

We did nursery time and OC open house several times. We didn't do OL because he would have been too young for those activities. One of the areas almost always has open house from 8am - 9am and then they all open around 9am. Nursery is open all day, extra fee (except am open house, if it is happening in the nursery that day). Between OC and OL, one is always available for secure programming during the day.

Search for a few recent Navigators and it will give you and idea of activities and times, although they do vary.

If your DD is VERY close to 3 (like within a month) and fully PT, you can see if they will let her go to the kids club. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I can vouch that the nursery is fun though and my DS did lots of activities in there. He is younger than your DD will be, but I think he will still enjoy them when we go again next year. We never left him very long and they had a character come one time and made crafts another.

Archived