Gluten Free and Anytime Dining

I am booked with 10 others on the Fantasy. We are confirmed with anytime dining. There is a person in our group that is Gluten Free. I understand that she needs to contact the Special Needs department and also speak with the MD or Hostess in the dining room at the time of boarding.

I am wondering how the hostess/waitstaff will handle her needs if we do not have the same waitstaff each night?

(because I did not make the reservations, can't change the dining time...too many people involved).

Just curious if anyone else has had an experiences to share with food allergies/special needs and anytime dining. She is vigilant but she is also a 1st time cruiser. Educated is the best way to go.

Thanks

Put in a letter/email to Special Needs (specialneeds@carnival.com) and request it. let them know you are Anytime with your booking #. Then speak to the Matre D when you board. I requested a Special Lobster plate for Formal night as I am allergic to shrimp and they arranged it.

This is from my request e-mail I received from Special Needs

Do you offer gluten free food?

We do offer gluten free bread, pasta, cake and pancake mix. They are readily available onboard.

In response to your inquiry regarding food allergies, we have noted the booking. Please know that we are able to assist with simple requests with the method of preparation (including no cross-contamination) from our menu items. If you have a food allergy, please consult with our dining staff for assistance with meal options and food preparations. Arrangements for these requests are to be made with the dining staff once onboard. We are unable to modify meals served on the Lido deck or ordered through room service.

Archived